• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

newbie here

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
I ve been to both those stores I bought my ruger at archdale they don't keep lots of paras there one of the guys that works there says he doesn't like them so he doesn't stock them. Jack had one para GI expert there I looked at it liked it but hasn't had any more come in inna while. I was thinking of getting that M&P from archdale for about 509 so I think that's what I'm gonna get but don't know if I want a 9mm or 40 cal so...........

Because its at my house. lol

hydroxside

Well folks the met at stameys went good I'm. Off to go shopping at friendly center we shall see how OCing goes with the prudes in g boro I will let y'all. Know later

.357Jedi

Welcome hydroxside

It was good to meet you and the rest of the gang at Stameys today.

I can tell you that my best pal is a PO in Greensboro and his Dept began issueing the M&P two years ago and he loves it. The only draw back is you do need a speical tool to take it down. Other than that its just fine.

I will state tho he CCWs a Glock 23 just like I do. What can I say, hes a smart guy ;)

hydroxside

Yeah I think the take down tool is what holds the back strap in so........ it was great meeting u aswell who is ur friend I might know him send me a pm or email me with it my email is hydroxside@gmail.com you where the one with the xd right oh and maybe we all can meeet uup in t ville next time for lunch or maybe high point

rotorhead

Hydro, I have the M&P 40 and love it. Haven't had issue with it whatsoever yet, and would highly suggest it if you are still in the market for one.

It's very consistent with it's round placement, fits my hand like a custom built surgical glove, and has a very low impact action when firing. The sights are kind of average, but who keeps stock sights on for long anyway?

Last weekend I took it for an experiment. I bought 6 boxes of the nastiest, dirtiest ammo I could find (Winchester "white box" .40 cal S&W) and wiped out what little oil I had in there on purpose. I fully expected a jam eventually but it didn't come close to whining or crying the whole time. Not one round in 300 even gave a hiccup. This was done with three magazines and they didn't whine either. After Christmas (when I can afford to be human again) I'm going to do 1000rds and see if I can make it jam.

If you are still trying to decide between the 9mm and the .40, think about this: With the .40 frame, you can buy a separate .357 barrel and use it in that frame. Same gun, same magazines but plop a .357 barrel in there and get the ammo and you now have two guns in one. The 9mm doesn't do that, at least with M&Ps.

Over all I highly recommend them and I think you'll be very happy with it.

Last edited:
B

bgreene89

M&P

Hey just wanted to let you know the M&P is a great gun I sell alot of them. There hard to beat! I have a guys in the shop right now I have to order a laser for it however its a 40 cal. if ur internested in looking at one before you purchase!

Thanks,
Blake

hydroxside

Well I just took alook a para's gi expert and the army navy store today I love this gun I love the wasy it feels in my hand and the trigger pull is great and its cheaper than then M&P I think I will buy it has anyone had ANY issue with this firearm at all let me know.