• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart IS open carry friendly, But what about the customers.

amzbrady

Homeland Security taps new partner in terror fight: Walmart... By month's end, 588 stores will participate in 'See Something, Say Something' campaign.

This could give the Anti's an opening to stir up trouble for law abiding citizens. Unfortunately most average citizens (and some LEO) have no idea whats legal and whats not.

Be carefull all.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40552073/ns/us_news-security

and

http://blog.dhs.gov/

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Oh THIS is going to go over well

Customer: Excuse me, but he has a GUN!
Manager: It's legal with our policy.
Customer: Let's see what your partnership with Homeland Security thinks about this!

Last edited:

Whitney

Walmart Capitulates

According to the Walmart Corporate Press Release http://walmartstores.com/pressroom/news/10493.aspx Only stores with video checkout screens will be displaying Big Brothers message.

How would Homeland Security have the Authority to ask for ID ?? They fall under the Fed is that different than the State? If I refuse to show ID on the grounds that I value my privacy.......?????

Two Words, ... Tom Brewster !

~Whitney

Deleted_User

your new one will... Mclovin' :banana::banana:

f-f-s!

I so am going to hit you with a pie at the next OC meet.

This should go over well. Now the little checkstand screens can help brainwash even more of the sheeple.

Last edited:

shad0wfax

HLS: Excuse me, sir, may I see some ID?

And then the fun begins :lol:

Me, "No thank you. I'll continue about my lawful business. Have a pleasant day."

This won't change my open carry habits at Wal-Mart or at any other business that does not prohibit open carry on their private property.

amzbrady

Me, "No thank you. I'll continue about my lawful business. Have a pleasant day."

This won't change my open carry habits at Wal-Mart or at any other business that does not prohibit open carry on their private property.

+1
I dont think this should prevent us from openly carrying, just be more aware of and ready for more negative reactions once this becomes more publicly announced. I just think we need to be ready to teach and educate those who are not aware of the laws, and be ready for the the possibility of more negative responses than usual.

MR Redenck

One of the Waltons lives over here in Weatherford, Texas on her horse ranch.
The locals tell me that you can see her at the liquor store. It seems she runs out of hooch pretty often!

Rattrapper

This whole cocept is frightening in it self. Just think, First we have this "d" bag with her mug at the check out area, then down the road you have Barry at every street corner, Talking BS to us. Just like the pictures of third world country dictators everywhere. This is how the process starts. One little "Harmless" slice at a time.
Though WalMart has been reasonable to the open carry movement, This idea is not good, WalMart should be told that they do not work for the "Government" and are not "Government Agents" unless some deal has been made that we don't know of. Am I "Paranoid"? Based on the results that I have seen, NO, convinced. This is where we might consider, Telling WalMart you do this and we shop else where.
Freedom is precious, and should be protected with extreme "Vigilance"

BUCK OFAMA

Last edited:

amlevin

This whole cocept is frightening in it self. Just think, First we have this "d" bag with her mug at the check out area, then down the road you have Barry at every street corner, Talking BS to us. Just like the pictures of third world country dictators everywhere. This is how the process starts. One little "Harmless" slice at a time.
Though WalMart has been reasonable to the open carry movement, This idea is not good, WalMart should be told that they do not work for the "Government" and are not "Government Agents" unless some deal has been made that we don't know of. Am I "Paranoid"? Based on the results that I have seen, NO, convinced. This is where we might consider, Telling WalMart you do this and we shop else where.
Freedom is precious, and should be protected with extreme "Vigilance"

BUCK OFAMA

I wouldn't worry too much if you'r a normal American "Blue Jeans and Sweat Shirt" kind of guy. The ones that are going to get hassled most by the typical Wal-Mart employee, now that they have been "deputized" by our Homeland Security Director, are those that fit whatever profile these "mental mdigets" have in their heads. More likely going to be anyone who "looks foreign". They'll be looking for people carrying BOMBS and AK-47's, not handguns. As for the customers, the wal-marts around here are filled with women shopping with their 7 kids running up and down the aisles or Senior's that are wandering around while waiting for a prescription to be filled. Only time I go there is if I know what I want, they have it when nobody else does, and I can get in/out in 15 minutes or less. Any longer than that in a wal-mart and I get the urge to move to a trailer park and go on public assistance.

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

based solely on the people of walmart website, I would say DHS is going to have their hands full with reports of "suspicious" looking people....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Wal-Mart Interested in Wine Vending Machines

I wonder how the new HLS protocol will go over with wine vending machines at Wal-Mart?

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2010/12/07/walmart-interested-in-wine-vending-machines/

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — First Giant Eagle, then Shop ‘n Save and now Walmart is interested in having wine vending machines at several of its stores in our area.
The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board says that Walmart has preliminary approval to put the kiosks in stores in North Fayette, North Versailles, Butler, Washington, Belle Vernon, Monaca and New Castle. However, negotiations are still going on and the list could change.
The machines require customers to swipe their driver’s license and even give a breathalyzer test before they can choose between more than 50 varieties of wine.
Hey! What about handgun vending machines?

Coded-Dude

The machines require customers to swipe their driver’s license and even give a breathalyzer test before they can choose between more than 50 varieties of wine.

um...not thanks on sharing a breathalyser with the people of wal-mart. Although I can't wait to see pics/vids of people using this method for buying their wine.

Trigger Dr

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't the Nazi and Communst types have this same reporting system?

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
True, we're certainly not the first country to ask our citizens to watch their neighbors and report them to the police.
Don't worry about a lack of folks to take the calls, DHS will simply have to grow thousands of new agents. No problem, the Feds can just print more money (snicker). It's not like a gov. agency is averse to growth.

Last edited: