• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Incident at the Ferry Terminal......in Virginia

Whitney

Authorities charge gun owner with brandishing…his finger http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/authorities-charge-gun-owner-with-brandishing-his-finger

An interesting piece from the other coast. I cant see the same type of incident happening at our terminals as private contractors do not provide security. It does however open up some questions regarding the conduct of law enforcement. I know there has been some heated discussion here with regard to the same but I would really like to understand how this happens. It seems all involved in this particular incident were at fault right down to the magistrate. Are all these guys all lying to cover their butts? That would make it a conspiracy of sorts would it not ?

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS310US310&q=16289%20Rolfe%20Highway,%20%20Surry,%20VA%2023883-3102&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

-Whitney

amlevin

Very interesting series of events.

Security Guard is an A--hole and issues an order for which he has no authority.

Supervisor apparently calls Sheriff because finger is pointed at him.

Deputy issues orders for which he has no legal authority.

Prosecutor files charges.
(Defendant proposed to waive suit in exchange for dismissal - a standard pre-trial tactic. The Commonwealth Attorney (prosecutor) responded that he considered the offer "threatening". )

It also seems that the Sheriff's Deputies in this County have a history of misconduct.

With stories like this, who needs to buy any books. Reading about this is far more entertaining.

Last edited: