Thread: eBay Items and Questions

eBay Items and Questions

1. Recoil buffer. Anyone used one of these? Good? Bad? Ugly (breaks gun)? Worthless?

2. iTAC 360 Rotation Paddle Holster. Same questions.

3. Fobus standard paddle holster.

4. Satin finish rosewood grips. I'd prefer satin to gloss for obvious grip reasons.

5. Blade-Tech paddle holster.

6. Any Blad-Tech holster - which one would you recommend for a CZ 85, and why?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I have used Wilson Shok-Buff buffers in the Colt Delta Elite 10mm I used to own, and in my current Para Ordnance .45acp, and they work well. It has been y experience that they don't do much to take the first part of recoil (muzzle flip) but they DO greatly reduce the "thump" at the end of the slide cycle, and therefore reduce PERCEIVED recoil.

As for the grips, I prefer checkered grips, just because they give me a more secure grip, and I figure in a Self-Defense (or competition) situation, I want all the positive grip traction I can get...

Now either Fobus and ITac holsters, I know a lot of people who really like them, and if you have a firearm that you can't find a Serpa or big-name leather rig for, those brands often have holsters to fit--especially for the "Eastern Blok" handguns.

That said, I will not buy any products made in Israel (Both Fobus and ITac are made in Israel), because I refuse to support businesses in a nation that considers genocide an acceptable tactic to employ for domestic policy enforcement.

They're well-designed, reliable, rugged products if you don't mind the fact that they are--each and every one of them--covered in the blood of Palestinian and Sephardic children.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...tants-1.267781

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...a-israel-obama

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...870087,00.html
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    That said, I will not buy any products made in Israel (Both Fobus and ITac are made in Israel), because I refuse to support businesses in a nation that considers genocide an acceptable tactic to employ for domestic policy enforcement.

They're well-designed, reliable, rugged products if you don't mind the fact that they are--each and every one of them--covered in the blood of Palestinian and Sephardic children.
    Woah, Tiger. Calm down there.

Good advice, Dreamer - thanks! Some comments below for clarification:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I have used Wilson Shok-Buff buffers in the Colt Delta Elite 10mm I used to own, and in my current Para Ordnance .45acp, and they work well. It has been y experience that they don't do much to take the first part of recoil (muzzle flip) but they DO greatly reduce the "thump" at the end of the slide cycle, and therefore reduce PERCEIVED recoil.
    It's nothing like getting a port job, that's for sure. Thing of it is, I'm not sure my slide reaches its full extension, regardless of the load. If that's the case, it won't do much at all. I've thought about carrying +P for carry loads. Even though my carry firearm isn't specifically rated for it, I know of people who've fired +P through it, and the model will take several tens of thousands of rounds before showing any issue.

As for the grips, I prefer checkered grips, just because they give me a more secure grip, and I figure in a Self-Defense (or competition) situation, I want all the positive grip traction I can get...
    You and I sure think alike, as that's my most serious reservation, and the reason why I'll never go with glossy grips, no matter how pretty they are. The ones I'm looking at, however, have a satin finish. I'm wondering if that's enough surface roughness to overcome oil or grease.

Now either Fobus and ITac holsters, I know a lot of people who really like them, and if you have a firearm that you can't find a Serpa or big-name leather rig for, those brands often have holsters to fit--especially for the "Eastern Blok" handguns.
    I found a leather Galco that fit very well. Couple of problems with it, though. It was tan; I wanted black. It sat both too high and with too much cant, and neither was adjustable. Finally, all that for $65 convinced me to return it for something better, more adjustable, and for less cost that going with a "tried and true" name brand while sacrificing developments over the last 20 years.

Hmm... Given the global military experience I've had that seriously contradicts what you just said, I'll pass on that comment...

They're well-designed, reliable, rugged products...
    Thanks for the opinion. I'll look further into both of them.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.