Thread: Home Invasion, 25yr shot in head

Home Invasion, 25yr shot in head

RACINE - Police and paramedics responded to a call at 11:49 p.m. Tuesday to the 3500 block Douglas Avenue for a report of a person who was shot in the head. The officers located a male shooting victim inside 3501 Douglas Ave. The 25 year old male victim was pronounced deceased at the scene, according to the police.

Police state the preliminary investigation indicates a suspect forced his way into an apartment and shot the victim. A roommate armed himself with a gun and shot at the suspect. The suspect then fled the apartment.

No suspects are in custody and the investigation into this incident is ongoing, according to a statement released by the Racine Police Department this morning.

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...cc4c002e0.html

UPDATE @ 10:39Am
    RACINE - Police were still on the scene this morning of an overnight shooting in the 3500 block of Douglas Avenue that left one man dead.

Daniel R. Mayfield, 25, of 3501 Douglas Ave., was pronounced dead at the scene late Tuesday night, according to police.

Racine County Medical Examiner Tom Terry said an autopsy will be performed today in Waukesha County.

Initial reports said officers and paramedics were called to an apartment building at 3501 Douglas Ave. at 11:49 p.m. for a person who was shot in the head. Police found the Mayfield inside an apartment and called for the Racine County Medical Examiner.

Police said Mayfield was shot when another man forced his way into the apartment and opened fire. Mayfield's 22-year-old roommate armed himself with a gun and returned fire, reports said.

The suspect then fled the apartment. The suspect is described as a male, about 6 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 280 pounds.

Police spokesman Sgt. Marty Pavilonis said it is unknown at this point if the suspect was hit by the returned gunfire.

"He didn't show up at any hospital near here," he said.

The roommate was questioned by police, however Pavilonis said he is not in custody for any criminal activity related to the shooting.

"We're still trying to figure out what took place," Pavilonis said.

Police have not released any further details about the homicide, including whether it was a robbery, drug-related or if there is some other motive.

Both men - the victim and his roommate - lived at the apartment, according to police.

Mayfield's family have been notified of his death.

No suspects were in custody this morning. The investigation is ongoing and police were still on the scene early this morning.

Yellow tape surrounded the front and side of the building. A police squad blocked off North Street as a car was being towed away from the corner apartment building at 9 a.m.
    Last edited by BRAND0N; 12-08-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Very unfortunate for the man who lost his life. I bet they won't bring up the fact, that a gun, kept it from being two men dead!

McX
    citizens must be armed, even at home, no where, no place is ever safe.
    Last edited by McX; 12-08-2010 at 09:46 AM.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    Very unfortunate for the man who lost his life. I bet they won't bring up the fact, that a gun, kept it from being two men dead!
    That and it's likely that this criminal has commited armed robbery before. It's also likely that he has confronted someone before and if that someone had a firearm to defend themselves there might have been one dead criminal and no dead LAC's here.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Banned
    does van hollen know charlie condon

ex ag of south carolina

25 January 2001 herald journal

called for open season on home invasions

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    violently invade a home, and get shot in the head......aint that a bitch.
    As it reads the guy who was shot wasn't the one that invaded the home. He was the one who's home was broken in to.

Quote Originally Posted by CUOfficer View Post
    As it reads the guy who was shot wasn't the one that invaded the home. He was the one who's home was broken in to.
    Correct,

The individual who invaded the home was not the one shot, but the shooter. The 25yr was one of two residents of the apartment invaded.

The "invader" is still on the run and by the looks of the scene took of on foot. Police have a complete side street blocked of with tape as they follow foot prints in the snow and mark them with a numbered card.

Steve~

The "invader" took off on foot south on Douglas and then went west on South st. Where he made is way in between Factory Cat and that other ware house company. From there I lost site of the tracks but could only assume he headed towards the Jacato area..

Rant~
    With this only feet from my house I hope my other half can now come to reason why my Springfield never leaves my side! (She use to come up with reason of debate) Any man that might threaten my children's life's is that of a dead man
    Last edited by BRAND0N; 12-08-2010 at 09:57 AM.

McX
    jacato drive, the cabrini green of racine.

jacato drive, the cabrini green of racine.
    The sanctuary for all that is evil in this town, The one 3block street that not even the Police will patrol with out full tactical gear.

wonder how many years the room mate will get for shooting the attacker. Specially in Racine
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    wonder how many years the room mate will get for shooting the attacker. Specially in Racine
    It's not known if the return fire hit the suspect or not.

First post updated

Agreed! Stay safe out there my friend.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Agreed! Stay safe out there my friend.
    That's challenging here in Racine

Exclamation News Report Is About Useless

SNIP: "The suspect is described as a male, about 6 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 280 pounds."

Why is it that the news/police rarely issue a description that can be used? Is the average citizen supposed to assume all the missing parts of the description and just report every male that is 6 ft 5 inches and about 280 pounds?

I hate the PC police.

Campaign Veteran
    This is about 5 blocks from my house... [shakes head] wish the economy wasn't so crappy so we could move out of here...

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Guy View Post
    does van hollen know charlie condon

ex ag of south carolina

25 January 2001 herald journal

called for open season on home invasions
    How are things on the island, Gilligan?
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    How are things on the island, Gilligan?
    You notice that this persona ("Big Guy") is now banned too.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 12-08-2010 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlude View Post
    This is about 5 blocks from my house... [shakes head] wish the economy wasn't so crappy so we could move out of here...
    This is about 200ft from mine. I'm right about 10th an harmony :-/

We go from an armed robbery daily to home invasions

Seems Claymore's would be in order for this area ! It's to bad we cannot use the proper tools for the task at hand.
    God bless the Law abiding survivors in that part of Racine.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

I used to work in Racine close to 20 years ago. Was getting pretty rough back then, cant imagine what it is now. In fact I was working there when the Rodney King thing went down. I kept a .380 under the counter.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAND0N View Post
    This is about 200ft from mine. I'm right about 10th an harmony :-/

We go from an armed robbery daily to home invasions
    Yeah, we are really close... next time I'm out on a walk I'll stroll that direction instead of straight down Charles... =)

I am probably armed at home 90% of the time. And night time I have a loaded .45 on top of the night stand.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

I lived and worked in Racine for awhile as well...lived over on Case Ave.
    Best pizza joint in the city was in one of the worst areas.
    They have since built it up...at least now all the houses have a front
    door the last time I was thru but back in '01 not many had a front door.
    Courtesy of the local _____ (enter agency of choice).

I try to swing down by McX's shop a couple times a month....From my limited
    knowledge of that area I gather its not too far from him...a few blocks maybe.
    Having lived in the war zone on Milwaukees North side for a few years (60th & Custer) a practiced eye picks out a few warning signs.

When I worked in Racine Open Carry wasnt a big deal....but I was never more than 15 ft from a snub nosed .38 and a guy I worked with kept a .357 Redhawk in his tool box.
    Never thought to carry when I was on the H-D...but was never bothered any either.
    I could leave my bagger parked out side overnight and nobody messed with it.Ever.
    I dont know if the word was out or what.

I can only guess the reason for that is you Racine boys that ride trained all the wanna be gangstas bikers shoot back.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlude View Post
    Yeah, we are really close... next time I'm out on a walk I'll stroll that direction instead of straight down Charles... =)
    Lol in the summer I would walk to citco an back all the time lol maybe one day we'll meet in middle some where