Thread: Walmart partners with DHS

Walmart partners with DHS

http://walmartstores.com/pressroom/news/10493.aspx

"If You See Something, Say Something"....hmmm, like maybe if you see someone openly carrying a pistol?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Yep they did this in NAZI Germany too.. get the public to inform on each other..
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I see SOMETHING ever day I open my eyes...
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

One more reason I refuse to shop at Walmart. As you may recall, I was asked to leave for OC, and corporate backed them on this. They also are the ONLY retailer who has partnered with the group "Mayors against Illegal Guns", and now they feel the need to serve as informants to the Feds. But, I am sure the majority of gun-owners will continue to shop at Walmart, thereby continuing to prostitute themselves to save a few bucks.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    But, I am sure the majority of gun-owners will continue to shop at Walmart, thereby continuing to prostitute themselves to save a few bucks.
    Guilty

Walmart will also be installing Wine Vending Machines that will require customers to swipe their driver’s license and even give a breathalyzer test before they can choose between more than 50 varieties of wine.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2010/...ding-machines/

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Walmart will also be installing Wine Vending Machines that will require customers to swipe their driver’s license and even give a breathalyzer test before they can choose between more than 50 varieties of wine.

well at least i can drink away my sarrows after they help take my rights,,,,
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post

"Jeff Merritt from Mount Washington had another concern: “At Walmart – guns and wine – maybe not the best things to have at Walmart.”"

Because people will go on a Chardonay or Reisling fueled shooting spree....morons.

Why not say "Fix-a-Flat and wine, or car starting fluid and beer! People will be starting their cars while pounding the 12 pack they just bought!" Actually, that's a millions times more likely to actually happen....it's just that no one complains about it. But guns and wine, whoa boy, call the news!
    Last edited by scot623; 12-08-2010 at 05:16 PM.

yup, gunpowder and alcohol do mix!!!!!!!!!!!! they just taste bad.....
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

I'm not worried.

I'm completely within the law carrying my pistol virtually anywhere in public, and that includes Wal-Mart.

I OC in Wal-Mart probably at least once to three times a week, depending on how forgetful I am, causing me the need to return. I've never once had an issue, and don't plan on having one in the future. What are they going to do? Report me to homeland security for being within the law? I'm shaking in my booties.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

until you go to fly commercially and find your name on a list due to a unspecified number of reports of suspicious activity by your fellow patrons. i'm just say'n...this could be bad.
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    until you go to fly commercially and find your name on a list due to a unspecified number of reports of suspicious activity by your fellow patrons. i'm just say'n...this could be bad.

why fly? bus or train is much better imo,no searches and body scans to go through!
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    why fly? bus or train is much better imo,no searches and body scans to go through!
    Oh I don't know...some people might have an aversion to being on a train for 52hrs and 27min if they have to go to Los Angeles. Thats not adding in the return trip!! DOUBLE IT!!

http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak
    Last edited by scot623; 12-08-2010 at 06:51 PM.

and you presume that DHS is not already working to add these methods of "safety" to every form of public transportation? I can see these things happening on city buses if things continue the way they are.

"here's my bus fare mr bus driver...feel free to grope me now"
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Banned
    So we should call the cops on people for failing to uphold their rights?

The way I see, the DHS just found a great way to get around the whole "government profiling issue". It's assumed more people walk through Walmart on a given day than most other business'. By DHS telling millions of citizens to report suspicious activity, it's not their fault if millions of people are calling on the guys with beards and funny accents. what do LEO's always say? "If someone calls us, we HAVE to check it out!" So they're essentially blaming the other citizens for calling.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    One more reason I refuse to shop at Walmart. As you may recall, I was asked to leave for OC, and corporate backed them on this. They also are the ONLY retailer who has partnered with the group "Mayors against Illegal Guns", and now they feel the need to serve as informants to the Feds. But, I am sure the majority of gun-owners will continue to shop at Walmart, thereby continuing to prostitute themselves to save a few bucks.
    DAMN RIGHT DOC! Walmart = BS! +1 GAZILLION

P.S.- is it really saving a few bucks when doing so supports many of those who will attempt to take away or make owning your guns so restrictive that your guns become useless?

What type(s) of suspicious activity do they expect people to see at Wal-Mart, other than shoplifting and poor hygiene? I can't imagine what types of terrorist activity would be happening between the pets and hardware departments.

I suspect after DHS call centers are overwhelmed with millions of calls about a bunch of Wilburs buying fertilizer and motor oil(ps. that doesn't make a bomb) they'll suspend this program.

What scot said. Some people have jobs. These jobs only give a certain amount of time off. I'd rather spend my time where I'm going to than be in transit.

Though given the option of the body scanner or pat down, I think I'd rake the body scanner. The TSA has definitely caused me to rethink car or plane for many trips though!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Are your rights worth more than an airplane ride or not? Put your money where your mouth is.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Are your rights worth more than an airplane ride or not? Put your money where your mouth is.
    Some people are required to fly for their jobs. I guess I could refuse and start collecting unemployment for a few years and then apply for a bridgecard and some welfare.
    Last edited by wolverine1856; 12-12-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Banned
    So your money is worth more than your rights then.

DHS and Walmart

I bet im on there list already. I only try to go there once a month. But The PPD told me my gun is concealed if they cant see it on my left hip so if its on my right hip like always they say its not openly carrying they like starting crap again. By january we will only have 43 officers including command staff actual road officers is like 30

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by malignity View Post
    I'm not worried.

I'm completely within the law carrying my pistol virtually anywhere in public, and that includes Wal-Mart.

I OC in Wal-Mart probably at least once to three times a week, depending on how forgetful I am, causing me the need to return. I've never once had an issue, and don't plan on having one in the future. What are they going to do? Report me to homeland security for being within the law? I'm shaking in my booties.
    You should be reported for wearing booties! HAHAHAHAHA!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!