Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Response from Krusick on my letter for Constituional Carry

  1. #1
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Response from Krusick on my letter for Constituional Carry

    She is a Democrat, so don't expect a whole lot

    Dear ****
    Thanks for contacting me to express your support for a conceal carry law, a castle doctrine law and the repeal of gun free school zone laws. I really appreciate hearing from you about these issues.

    Like you, I support every Americanís Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms; and like 74% of Wisconsin voters in a 1998 statewide referendum, I supported amending our State Constitution to affirm the right to keep and bear in Wisconsin ďfor security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose."

    In the past, I have opposed conceal carry legislation because, among other reasons, my constituent surveys on this issue have consistently shown that a majority of the residents in our district oppose allowing concealed weapons in Wisconsin. However, given that this issue will surely be coming before the Legislature again in the upcoming session, I will again include a concealed weapons question on my forthcoming constituent survey to gauge our districtís support for this measure. I will be sure to send you a copy of this survey.

    A castle doctrine bill (AB 193) was introduced last session. Under certain conditions, this bill said that if a homeowner uses defensive force thatís intended or likely to kill or seriously injure an intruder, the legal burden is on the intruder (not the homeowner) to show in court that the force was not appropriate. Like you, I supported this bill and joined 67 of my Assembly colleagues in voting for it. The Senate, however, did not take up the measure up before our general floor period ended, so now the bill is dead and will need to be re-introduced in the upcoming session that begins in January if itís to have a chance of becoming law.

    As for your opposition to gun free school zones, I understand Wisconsin Carry Inc., of which you are a member, has a lawsuit pending against the state challenging its prohibition on guns in school zones. I look forward to reviewing the courtís decision on this case when itís issued.

    Thanks again for contacting me. As always, just let me know if you ever need anything.
    On, Wisconsin!

    Peggy

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Nice. She's pretty fly for a dem.

    The 95th is stuck with Jen Schilling who's relatives were killed in an armed robbery so I don't even go there as she is a rabid anti.

    Ron Kind is pretty good with everything. He is not on board for Unlicensed Carry but will support permitting and training AFAIK.

  3. #3
    Regular Member 1FASTC4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tomahawk
    Posts
    510
    If she is truthful that she is following the will of her constituents, which is a rare thing, can't really blame her for casting votes the way she does. That said, if she is indeed following the will of her constituency, tell me where her distrct is so I make it a point to never live there. Eagle River isn't in her district is it? Hehehe,
    Last edited by 1FASTC4; 12-08-2010 at 04:14 PM.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran Flipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,140
    A lot of Milwaukee cops live in her district. I wonder if she is aware that the union representing the cops on the street supported concealed carry in the past.
    Last edited by Flipper; 12-08-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

    The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

    "Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #5
    Regular Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    She is a Democrat, so don't expect a whole lot

    Dear ****
    Thanks for contacting me to express your support for a conceal carry law, a castle doctrine law and the repeal of gun free school zone laws. I really appreciate hearing from you about these issues.

    Like you, I support every Americanís Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms; and like 74% of Wisconsin voters in a 1998 statewide referendum, I supported amending our State Constitution to affirm the right to keep and bear in Wisconsin ďfor security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose."

    In the past, I have opposed conceal carry legislation because, among other reasons, my constituent surveys on this issue have consistently shown that a majority of the residents in our district oppose allowing concealed weapons in Wisconsin. However, given that this issue will surely be coming before the Legislature again in the upcoming session, I will again include a concealed weapons question on my forthcoming constituent survey to gauge our districtís support for this measure. I will be sure to send you a copy of this survey.

    A castle doctrine bill (AB 193) was introduced last session. Under certain conditions, this bill said that if a homeowner uses defensive force thatís intended or likely to kill or seriously injure an intruder, the legal burden is on the intruder (not the homeowner) to show in court that the force was not appropriate. Like you, I supported this bill and joined 67 of my Assembly colleagues in voting for it. The Senate, however, did not take up the measure up before our general floor period ended, so now the bill is dead and will need to be re-introduced in the upcoming session that begins in January if itís to have a chance of becoming law.

    As for your opposition to gun free school zones, I understand Wisconsin Carry Inc., of which you are a member, has a lawsuit pending against the state challenging its prohibition on guns in school zones. I look forward to reviewing the courtís decision on this case when itís issued.

    Thanks again for contacting me. As always, just let me know if you ever need anything.
    On, Wisconsin!

    Peggy
    Seems to me her district is the minority if 74% of WI is for CC. What part of 74% of WI don't she get?
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    Seems to me her district is the minority if 74% of WI is for CC. What part of 74% of WI don't she get?
    If the number is correct, the 74% you quote is an average (I've not seen this statistic). Her district may be way below average. She said she would provide statistics so you can't get better than that with an elected official.

  7. #7
    Regular Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    If the number is correct, the 74% you quote is an average (I've not seen this statistic). Her district may be way below average. She said she would provide statistics so you can't get better than that with an elected official.
    May it be the majority of her constituants are criminals ? just kidding.I get what ya mean.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

  8. #8
    Regular Member 1FASTC4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tomahawk
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    If the number is correct, the 74% you quote is an average (I've not seen this statistic). Her district may be way below average. She said she would provide statistics so you can't get better than that with an elected official.
    I hope the OP posts the statistics. I'm curious.

  9. #9
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    At least she responded, my democrap reps won't even do that let alone do what I tell them. I keep voting against them to no avail.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  10. #10
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    . She said she would provide statistics .
    Where did you see this? She said she would send me a copy of the survey (I would probably get one anyway, I'm in her district) but I did not read anything about her providing any statistics with me or anyone else.

    I plan on sending her a response to her response. I want to make it perfectly clear to her that I am in support of Constitutional Carry, not just concealed carry. ("Thanks for contacting me to express your support for a conceal carry law"). I read a little of AB 193, and while it does not sound like the best castle doctrine, her summary of the bill is less than accurate. I will reiterate that Wisconsinites need the ability to protect themselves wherever we may be. Ms. Krusick is a 25 year veteran of the Wisconsin Senate, that qualifies her as a career politician in my book.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my pick up truck
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Where did you see this? She said she would send me a copy of the survey (I would probably get one anyway, I'm in her district) but I did not read anything about her providing any statistics with me or anyone else.

    I plan on sending her a response to her response. I want to make it perfectly clear to her that I am in support of Constitutional Carry, not just concealed carry. ("Thanks for contacting me to express your support for a conceal carry law"). I read a little of AB 193, and while it does not sound like the best castle doctrine, her summary of the bill is less than accurate. I will reiterate that Wisconsinites need the ability to protect themselves wherever we may be. Ms. Krusick is a 25 year veteran of the Wisconsin Senate, that qualifies her as a career politician in my book.
    It would be interesting to see this survey and file an Open Records request to get the real results of the survey from her office and find out if she is in fact telling the truth.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    57
    Now that is a good idea. Fact check her.

  13. #13
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    I was planning on simply asking her for the results of her survey.

    On a side note, I have not heard from my Republican representative Tim Carpenter yet.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    I was planning on simply asking her for the results of her survey.

    On a side note, I have not heard from my Republican representative Tim Carpenter yet.
    Yes but "her" results would more than likely tell you only what she wants you to hear. By requesting open records on her survey you would then get the real results. But hey just a suggestion. It is nice to keep them honest.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Where did you see this? She said she would send me a copy of the survey (I would probably get one anyway, I'm in her district) but I did not read anything about her providing any statistics with me or anyone else.
    The results of the survey WILL be the statistical evidence for her district on the issue.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    The results of the survey WILL be the statistical evidence for her district on the issue.
    Does the initials DJN mean anything to you?
    How about the date 08-28-1955?
    Want to continue Spartacus?

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Does the initials DJN mean anything to you?
    How about the date 08-28-1955?
    Want to continue Spartacus?
    Actually now you sound more like Doug than Gleason.

    Whatever... you will be gone soon enough.

  18. #18
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Does the initials DJN mean anything to you?
    How about the date 08-28-1955?
    Want to continue Spartacus?
    I have Spartacus on ignore but I do not see what this post has to do with anything. He wants to be anonymous for a reason. Threatening to out someone is childish.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I have Spartacus on ignore but I do not see what this post has to do with anything. He wants to be anonymous for a reason. Threatening to out someone is childish.
    Paul, you should stop being so naive and realize that not everyone is who they say they are here.

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Paul, you should stop being so naive and realize that not everyone is who they say they are here.
    You should tell the moderators and administrators who you suspect and let them deal with it instead of putting it into your signature and possibly alienating real new members. You were wrong before on this subject (The Don) and you may be again. You are not OCDO judge jury and executioner nor are you Batman.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  21. #21
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    nor are you Batman.
    No, thats because I am Batman!

  22. #22
    Regular Member 1FASTC4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tomahawk
    Posts
    510
    Batman, you rock.

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    No, thats because I am Batman!
    I've just tricked bigdaddy into revealing his true identity! <maniacal laughter>

    Now I am a hero and have saved OCDO from certain and utter destruction by the hands of the caped vigilante...
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  24. #24
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    No, I meant to say I am superm.........
    Crap, never mind

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I have Spartacus on ignore but I do not see what this post has to do with anything. He wants to be anonymous for a reason. Threatening to out someone is childish.
    Well I have to agree Paul and that is why I removed the info from my post. I choose to be civil here.
    As far as being childish, I would say that attacking new members because they have a low post count or have not "properly" introduced themselves, accusing people of being people they are not and out right harassing women seem to be quite childish to me. I was merely attempting to help Spartacus understand that he should choose his battles more wisely.

    Sometimes an act of civility brings a much likened response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •