• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response from Krusick on my letter for Constituional Carry

bigdaddy1

She is a Democrat, so don't expect a whole lot

Dear ****
Thanks for contacting me to express your support for a conceal carry law, a castle doctrine law and the repeal of gun free school zone laws. I really appreciate hearing from you about these issues.

Like you, I support every American’s Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms; and like 74% of Wisconsin voters in a 1998 statewide referendum, I supported amending our State Constitution to affirm the right to keep and bear in Wisconsin “for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose."

In the past, I have opposed conceal carry legislation because, among other reasons, my constituent surveys on this issue have consistently shown that a majority of the residents in our district oppose allowing concealed weapons in Wisconsin. However, given that this issue will surely be coming before the Legislature again in the upcoming session, I will again include a concealed weapons question on my forthcoming constituent survey to gauge our district’s support for this measure. I will be sure to send you a copy of this survey.

A castle doctrine bill (AB 193) was introduced last session. Under certain conditions, this bill said that if a homeowner uses defensive force that’s intended or likely to kill or seriously injure an intruder, the legal burden is on the intruder (not the homeowner) to show in court that the force was not appropriate. Like you, I supported this bill and joined 67 of my Assembly colleagues in voting for it. The Senate, however, did not take up the measure up before our general floor period ended, so now the bill is dead and will need to be re-introduced in the upcoming session that begins in January if it’s to have a chance of becoming law.

As for your opposition to gun free school zones, I understand Wisconsin Carry Inc., of which you are a member, has a lawsuit pending against the state challenging its prohibition on guns in school zones. I look forward to reviewing the court’s decision on this case when it’s issued.

Thanks again for contacting me. As always, just let me know if you ever need anything.
On, Wisconsin!

Peggy

Spartacus

Banned
Nice. She's pretty fly for a dem.

The 95th is stuck with Jen Schilling who's relatives were killed in an armed robbery so I don't even go there as she is a rabid anti.

Ron Kind is pretty good with everything. He is not on board for Unlicensed Carry but will support permitting and training AFAIK.

1FASTC4

If she is truthful that she is following the will of her constituents, which is a rare thing, can't really blame her for casting votes the way she does. That said, if she is indeed following the will of her constituency, tell me where her distrct is so I make it a point to never live there. Eagle River isn't in her district is it? Hehehe,

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
A lot of Milwaukee cops live in her district. I wonder if she is aware that the union representing the cops on the street supported concealed carry in the past.

Last edited:

littlewolf

She is a Democrat, so don't expect a whole lot

Dear ****
Thanks for contacting me to express your support for a conceal carry law, a castle doctrine law and the repeal of gun free school zone laws. I really appreciate hearing from you about these issues.

Like you, I support every American’s Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms; and like 74% of Wisconsin voters in a 1998 statewide referendum, I supported amending our State Constitution to affirm the right to keep and bear in Wisconsin “for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose."

In the past, I have opposed conceal carry legislation because, among other reasons, my constituent surveys on this issue have consistently shown that a majority of the residents in our district oppose allowing concealed weapons in Wisconsin. However, given that this issue will surely be coming before the Legislature again in the upcoming session, I will again include a concealed weapons question on my forthcoming constituent survey to gauge our district’s support for this measure. I will be sure to send you a copy of this survey.

A castle doctrine bill (AB 193) was introduced last session. Under certain conditions, this bill said that if a homeowner uses defensive force that’s intended or likely to kill or seriously injure an intruder, the legal burden is on the intruder (not the homeowner) to show in court that the force was not appropriate. Like you, I supported this bill and joined 67 of my Assembly colleagues in voting for it. The Senate, however, did not take up the measure up before our general floor period ended, so now the bill is dead and will need to be re-introduced in the upcoming session that begins in January if it’s to have a chance of becoming law.

As for your opposition to gun free school zones, I understand Wisconsin Carry Inc., of which you are a member, has a lawsuit pending against the state challenging its prohibition on guns in school zones. I look forward to reviewing the court’s decision on this case when it’s issued.

Thanks again for contacting me. As always, just let me know if you ever need anything.
On, Wisconsin!

Peggy

Seems to me her district is the minority if 74% of WI is for CC. What part of 74% of WI don't she get?

Spartacus

Banned
Seems to me her district is the minority if 74% of WI is for CC. What part of 74% of WI don't she get?

If the number is correct, the 74% you quote is an average (I've not seen this statistic). Her district may be way below average. She said she would provide statistics so you can't get better than that with an elected official.

littlewolf

If the number is correct, the 74% you quote is an average (I've not seen this statistic). Her district may be way below average. She said she would provide statistics so you can't get better than that with an elected official.

May it be the majority of her constituants are criminals ? just kidding.I get what ya mean.

1FASTC4

I hope the OP posts the statistics. I'm curious.

oak1971

At least she responded, my democrap reps won't even do that let alone do what I tell them. I keep voting against them to no avail.

bigdaddy1

. She said she would provide statistics .

Where did you see this? She said she would send me a copy of the survey (I would probably get one anyway, I'm in her district) but I did not read anything about her providing any statistics with me or anyone else.

I plan on sending her a response to her response. I want to make it perfectly clear to her that I am in support of Constitutional Carry, not just concealed carry. ("Thanks for contacting me to express your support for a conceal carry law"). I read a little of AB 193, and while it does not sound like the best castle doctrine, her summary of the bill is less than accurate. I will reiterate that Wisconsinites need the ability to protect themselves wherever we may be. Ms. Krusick is a 25 year veteran of the Wisconsin Senate, that qualifies her as a career politician in my book.

Tweety

Banned
Where did you see this? She said she would send me a copy of the survey (I would probably get one anyway, I'm in her district) but I did not read anything about her providing any statistics with me or anyone else.

I plan on sending her a response to her response. I want to make it perfectly clear to her that I am in support of Constitutional Carry, not just concealed carry. ("Thanks for contacting me to express your support for a conceal carry law"). I read a little of AB 193, and while it does not sound like the best castle doctrine, her summary of the bill is less than accurate. I will reiterate that Wisconsinites need the ability to protect themselves wherever we may be. Ms. Krusick is a 25 year veteran of the Wisconsin Senate, that qualifies her as a career politician in my book.

It would be interesting to see this survey and file an Open Records request to get the real results of the survey from her office and find out if she is in fact telling the truth.

bigdaddy1

I was planning on simply asking her for the results of her survey.

On a side note, I have not heard from my Republican representative Tim Carpenter yet.

Crassus

Banned
I was planning on simply asking her for the results of her survey.

On a side note, I have not heard from my Republican representative Tim Carpenter yet.

Yes but "her" results would more than likely tell you only what she wants you to hear. By requesting open records on her survey you would then get the real results. But hey just a suggestion. It is nice to keep them honest.

Spartacus

Banned

The results of the survey WILL be the statistical evidence for her district on the issue.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Paul, you should stop being so naive and realize that not everyone is who they say they are here.

You should tell the moderators and administrators who you suspect and let them deal with it instead of putting it into your signature and possibly alienating real new members. You were wrong before on this subject (The Don) and you may be again. You are not OCDO judge jury and executioner nor are you Batman.