• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Howdy! I'm done lurking.

Mech

Welcome aboard!

My HS Sweetheart lives in Kennewick now; there's a good chance I'll be heading out that way in January. If I head out I'll shoot ya a PM; maybe we can meet up and trade stories!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Howdy forum, I've been visiting (lurking) for over a year now and I'm convinced. I've found lots of useful info and advice here.

Honestly, I would have told you that OC was illegal before I ran across opencarry.org. Glad to know the truth.

How many of us fit into the same category?

Yes, me. Back in 1991, shortly after I obtained my WA CCW, I knew it was legal while backpacking, with reciprocity in Idaho, but beyond that, I thought it was illegal as hell.

I'm planning on OCing this weekend but I can't figure out the holster and coat thing... Anybody have a solution other than CPL?

"CPL?" Corporal? Corporeal? The one think I've learned from 20 years of living in acronym soup is to spell out whatever you're talking about in parentheses the first time you use it, in any post. Obviously, some vastly-used acronyms such as OC and CC are excepted.

Little else.

As for the holster and coat thing, shop around! Call ahead and see if they'll accomodate both you and your firearm for fittings.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I knew it was legal since very young, around 6 when I saw a guy carrying and my liberal welfare mom said with disgust "Because our state allows you to carry without a permit if you openly do so!"

I knew at that moment I was going to opencarry someday.

Freedom First

Griggs is an old school department store in Pasco. They are an Ace Hardware and they have a pretty good selection of guns and accessories.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
"CPL?" Corporal? Corporeal? The one think I've learned from 20 years of living in acronym soup is to spell out whatever you're talking about in parentheses the first time you use it, in any post. Obviously, some vastly-used acronyms such as OC and CC are excepted.

Little else.

As for the holster and coat thing, shop around! Call ahead and see if they'll accomodate both you and your firearm for fittings.

Those of us who live here know instinctively that he's referring to a Concealed Pistol License.