• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tri-Cities OC Events

cbpeck

The last OC meeting I attended had around eight OCers, so I figure there are at least a few more Tri-Cities residents lurking on this forum.

Squeak

I might crash your party if the pass is clear. Do not think that we 'wetsiders' aren't up for a party! :banana:

Freedom First

I'm a transplant from Pugetopia...

I do miss the mountains and the green but not the roads. Or the taxes. Or the politics. Or the sprawl. Or the RAIN.

Hope to see you guys when we get our act together.

CB, got any ideas? I think two plans would be good: One for wet/cold and another for fairly nice out. And that Tri Cities nice, 50+ and no rain... :D

Wet/cold we go to Cousins, Nice out we could go to the Park of Dreams so the kids can be involved? Saturdays would be best for us here.

amzbrady

I might crash your party if the pass is clear. Do not think that we 'wetsiders' aren't up for a party! :banana:

Crash on Squeek. Hopefully I'll get a chance to actually introduce myself. I saw ya at the Starbucks during the Brewster deal, but didnt get over to say hey.

I'm a transplant from the other side of the hill too. My wife wanted to see what the sun looked like. We kept hearing it existed. I did notice my shoe's got tighter when they finally dried out.

96-EJ6

Nice to see some gun enthusiasts here in T/C! Anymore details on date and times? I'd like to attend.

cbpeck

Outdoor, family gatherings are great, but I think they're a much better idea in Spring, Summer & Fall. In January, even good weather isn't good enough for my wife and son to join us outside.

I think there's value in visiting different places, rather than the same establishment over and over. Since we went to Cousins Restaurant a while ago I'd suggest we find a different establishment.

I vote for an indoor gathering in January, preferably on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Just about any restaurant is fine with me.

Anybody been to 6 Degrees on Clearwater Ave in Kennewick? It is a new, locally owned restaurant that has a good, albeit fairly unhealthy menu. It's becoming quite popular among some of the locals.

amzbrady

Outdoor, family gatherings are great, but I think they're a much better idea in Spring, Summer & Fall. In January, even good weather isn't good enough for my wife and son to join us outside.

I think there's value in visiting different places, rather than the same establishment over and over. Since we went to Cousins Restaurant a while ago I'd suggest we find a different establishment.

I vote for an indoor gathering in January, preferably on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Just about any restaurant is fine with me.

Anybody been to 6 Degrees on Clearwater Ave in Kennewick? It is a new, locally owned restaurant that has a good, albeit fairly unhealthy menu. It's becoming quite popular among some of the locals.

Havent even herd of them, but then again our family is more the buffet style eaters. I must say though, Chinese buffets here leave alot to be desired. Speaking of which, real close to Cousins is a pizza place with a game room for the kids. That might be an option so the kids can have some fun too.

Squeak

Don't forget that a Spring Opener is being planed in Moses Lake in April or May. We are trying to get Oregon and Idaho to attend also. Stay tuned.

Jayd1981

6 degrees is pretty good. Their food definately is not good for you but they make one hell of a cheeseburger with peanut butter, bananas, and blueberry chipotle sauce.

Trigger Dr

6 degrees is pretty good. Their food definately is not good for you but they make one hell of a cheeseburger with peanut butter, bananas, and blueberry chipotle sauce.

Ahhh yes, peanut butter and oyster sandwich with chopped liver milkshake.

cbpeck

Their whole menu is like this, and its all far better than it sounds at first.

Amzbrady: A buffet would be fine. I've never been to Granny's, but I've heard some people mention that it's good.

If our objective is to normalize OC then its worth being strategic about where we go. We can't impact a society that we aren't willing to engage.

amzbrady

Their whole menu is like this, and its all far better than it sounds at first.

Amzbrady: A buffet would be fine. I've never been to Granny's, but I've heard some people mention that it's good.

If our objective is to normalize OC then its worth being strategic about where we go. We can't impact a society that we aren't willing to engage.

Granny's is awesome, We have been there several times, Big Selection. I have open Carried there every time we have ate. Not one word has been said. I just mentioned Eatsa Pizza, cause they have a gameroom for the kids, kinda like a small chuck e cheese with out the mouse.