• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tri-Cities OC Events

cbpeck

Actually, so as to not be a distraction, I decided I will not be OC. I would rather people, including the news, focused on him and the message, not on some gun-totin' rightwinger... Don't bother flaming me, I'm not interested.

I wonder if they'd let you in OC. I wouldn't assume they would just because it's Ron Paul & he's the libertarian. He's a high profile congressman on a presidential campaign, so his security is probably three or four layers deep. If I was a betting man, I'd bet that they wouldn't let anybody in OC.

Freedom First

I wonder if they'd let you in OC. I wouldn't assume they would just because it's Ron Paul & he's the libertarian. He's a high profile congressman on a presidential campaign, so his security is probably three or four layers deep. If I was a betting man, I'd bet that they wouldn't let anybody in OC.

And you would be wrong. No security in effect until he actually arrived and then it was just four guys hanging out next to the stage. I could have been OC and I don't think there would have been an issue. I just didn't want to be a distraction from the event itself.

cbpeck

And you would be wrong. No security in effect until he actually arrived and then it was just four guys hanging out next to the stage. I could have been OC and I don't think there would have been an issue. I just didn't want to be a distraction from the event itself.

Huh, interesting. I wonder how they would've handled an OCer. I'm still inclined to believe that security would've approached you, but there's really no way to know.

So how was the event?

I know that Obama was giving a speech at Boeing Field in Seattle at the same time Ron Paul was in town. Obviously it's not a coincidence that he's come to Washington at the same time the Republican candidates are rolling in before the primary. Pretty predictable.

cbpeck

Great time. I took my 9 year old boy and he had a good learning experience. It's part of the old homeschooling thing: do stuff with your kids and take the time to teach.

Apparently one of my co-workers went over during lunch. I would've/should've gone, but I'd already made another commitment.

Vitaeus

Obama has been at various town hall meetings in states that allow OC and nothing was said to the OCers, this is while he was/is currently the POTUS. The venue may restrict it, but I do not know of any Federal Law or such that limits carry around him/those folks.

Stretch

Zero security at the event, and even his guys on stage were pretty relaxed (and snapping photos). I cc'd for similar reasons.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Obama has been at various town hall meetings in states that allow OC and nothing was said to the OCers, this is while he was/is currently the POTUS. The venue may restrict it, but I do not know of any Federal Law or such that limits carry around him/those folks.

My understanding is that any venue where the president is located is considered a federal site and thus firearms are not allowed in his immediate vicinity. I don't know how far his immediate vicinity extends. This could all be nonsense, I am just going off this article.

SNIP "U.S. Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan acknowledged the incidents in New Hampshire and Arizona, but said he was not aware of any other recent events where protesters attended with open weapons. He said there was no indication that anyone had organized the incidents.
Asked whether the individuals carrying weapons jeopardized the safety of the president, Donovan said, "Of course not."
The individuals would never have gotten in close proximity to the president, regardless of any state laws on openly carrying weapons, he said. A venue is considered a federal site when the Secret Service is protecting the president and weapons are not allowed on a federal site, he added."

Link to full story.

Last edited:

cbpeck

My understanding is that any venue where the president is located is considered a federal site and thus firearms are not allowed in his immediate vicinity. I don't know how far his immediate vicinity extends. This could all be nonsense, I am just going off this article.

SNIP "U.S. Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan acknowledged the incidents in New Hampshire and Arizona, but said he was not aware of any other recent events where protesters attended with open weapons. He said there was no indication that anyone had organized the incidents.
Asked whether the individuals carrying weapons jeopardized the safety of the president, Donovan said, "Of course not."
The individuals would never have gotten in close proximity to the president, regardless of any state laws on openly carrying weapons, he said. A venue is considered a federal site when the Secret Service is protecting the president and weapons are not allowed on a federal site, he added."

Link to full story.

The last POTUS I saw in person while he was in office was Clinton, and we had to pass through metal detectors. I can't imagine things are any more lax these days.

doughboi

sup TC

Hello everyone im planning a trip to Pasco on Mar 8 and planning on staying til Sun and would like to get together with other open carrier. I do open carry when in wa because I haven't obtain my cpl yet. Like that you guys have your own thread here. So let me know if there any events going on then.

Freedom First

Hello everyone im planning a trip to Pasco on Mar 8 and planning on staying til Sun and would like to get together with other open carrier. I do open carry when in wa because I haven't obtain my cpl yet. Like that you guys have your own thread here. So let me know if there any events going on then.

Whatever would bring someone to Pasco?!? :D

I'll be in town and might be convinced, depending on the weather to head out for a shoot. Anyone else interested? Maybe an OC lunch first? Cannot guarantee it but I'm likely to be available at some point during the weekend.

The trailer needs work before spring and no one else is gonna do it...

cbpeck

Sorry I missed your invite. I was down & out sick for the past week. At one point I honestly thought I was going to die... que the little violins. Anyhow, it's too late for your trip, but be sure to let the group know the next time you're in town.

AlexMayhem

OC location

There is a coffee joint in downtown Kennewick at the entrance of the Roxy Antique store. It's better than a Starbucks because 1)the young couple that run the coffee shop own it , 2) they permit open carry in their shop, 3) the are constitution loving Americans. May not get as much attention from other customers at this place as could happen at a busy joint like Starbucks, so I think it'd be more conducive to some like minded people getting together to talk.
I'm all married up now and the chaos of moving the wifes stuff into the house, settling all the paperwork associated with marraige and insurance and bills is past the apex. I'll be there at 2PM-2:45ish to chat with the owners a bit and let them know I've shared with our little OC collective their store location. If anyone else wants to show up that's cool, if not then check them out sometime. If a weekly get together is ever established I'll try to work it into my rotating work (and newly married) schedule.
Also, the wife doesn't like the bad attention (police being called) that my thigh rig gets. She is fine with me to OC but wants me to wear a more low-key looking holster - any suggestions for a belt holster that's comfortable and secures the weapon without a snap?

amzbrady

There is a coffee joint in downtown Kennewick at the entrance of the Roxy Antique store. It's better than a Starbucks because 1)the young couple that run the coffee shop own it , 2) they permit open carry in their shop, 3) the are constitution loving Americans. May not get as much attention from other customers at this place as could happen at a busy joint like Starbucks, so I think it'd be more conducive to some like minded people getting together to talk.
I'm all married up now and the chaos of moving the wifes stuff into the house, settling all the paperwork associated with marraige and insurance and bills is past the apex. I'll be there at 2PM-2:45ish to chat with the owners a bit and let them know I've shared with our little OC collective their store location. If anyone else wants to show up that's cool, if not then check them out sometime. If a weekly get together is ever established I'll try to work it into my rotating work (and newly married) schedule.
Also, the wife doesn't like the bad attention (police being called) that my thigh rig gets. She is fine with me to OC but wants me to wear a more low-key looking holster - any suggestions for a belt holster that's comfortable and secures the weapon without a snap?

Congrats on your marriage.

cbpeck

...Also, the wife doesn't like the bad attention (police being called) that my thigh rig gets. She is fine with me to OC but wants me to wear a more low-key looking holster - any suggestions for a belt holster that's comfortable and secures the weapon without a snap?

I recommend doing a lot of research into holsters before buying one. And then I'd suggest being ready to decide a year later that you changed your mind and want something different. :lol: I'm kinda going through that myself right now.

That being said, you might consider taking a look here: http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/

Freedom First

Congrats of the hitchin'!

Re: a holster, the Serpa CQC has been working great for me so far. It's pretty low key, unless you have a blue 1911... We know who I'm talking about...

cbpeck

I know everybody here LOVES Ron Paul, but...

Rick Santorum will be at the Red Lion in Pasco tonight at 6:30. Since he was kind enough to NOT schedule his rally during the work day, like Dr. Paul did, I think I'll go.

LOL

Jayd1981

Congrats of the hitchin'!

Re: a holster, the Serpa CQC has been working great for me so far. It's pretty low key, unless you have a blue 1911... We know who I'm talking about...

Hey now, don't be hatin. I love that 1911. Also I'd second the Serpa CQC, I use them for my blue 1911, XD 45, and glock 17 competition pistol.

I'll try to remember to log on in the next few days, if I'm not bogged down with school work I'd love to get out for a bit.