• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy

sigrscu

Hey everyone. I'm going to be moving to Denver in the next few months and I am a little confused by the open carry laws there. I currently reside in salt lake city. Any info would be great. Thanks

PikesPeakMtnMan

Basically, there is no OC in Denver city limits but it's 100% legal everywhere else.

If you're not moving into Denver itself but rather one of the suburbs you should be okay to OC but make sure you figure out the Denver city limits. Somewhere on the forum are a couple maps of the lines, I don't have a copy though.

Carry in a vehicle is fine in any manner or mode, everywhere in the state...no permit required.

Places off limits to OC must be posted at all public entrances..usually city-owned buildings (and some land).

There aren't any restrictions regarding carry at places that sell or serve alcohol but it is illegal to be under the influence and carrying.

All the other "normal" restrictions apply: school buildings, federal property, etc etc etc...

shotcop

As am I

I just moved from Ga. Denver is tricky from what I hear, they claim exemption from the state Constitution? Colorado is an open carry state but it's not welcome here from what I can tell, people are kinda weird if you grew up where the airs not so thin lol