Thread: Open Carry @ Palm Springs Street Fair?

Open Carry @ Palm Springs Street Fair?

I recently purchased my first handgun (A Ruger Security Six) and plan on open carrying here in the San Bernardino County / Riverside County area. I plan on OCing if I get out before Thursday, which is the day of the street fair, but I haven't seen anyone OCing in my neck of the woods (Yucca Valley, JT, 29 Palms area). I do plan on going to the street fair this Thursday to do some birthday shopping (My fiance, me, and my oldest are all December babies so this is one expensive month) and Christmas shopping.

Question is, has anyone OCed at the Street Fair in Palm Springs? Are there any firearm bans that I am unaware of at this weekly event? Is anyone in the area interested in joining if I do go?

Thanks a lot ahead of time.

Snorph - New OCer.

OC Street Fair

Hey Snorph.
    If you don't end up in any school zones you may be ok.
    South Bay Open Carry ran into some issues with the board of fair organizers and the city.
    If they are allowing free unrestricted access to the fair as I suspect it would be difficult for
    them to justify restricting you for legally carrying. Don't forget your recording devices and
    some literature to handout. Check out southbayopencarry.org articles for the one about
    the Manhattan Beach Fair. Have a great open carry day.

Thanks. I checked on Google maps and it seems the closest schools to the weekly event are at least a mile away, so I feel safe with that. I just hope that the Palm Springs police are informed and used to OC, as well as the San Bernardino sheriffs department for where I actually live.

If anyone has any experience with the lower desert and/or the areas around 29 Palms I would love to hear them. Even if they were "Walked in to Walmart, bought toothpaste, left." I like to have an idea of what to expect, heh.

If you are unsure as to how educated your local LEOs are go to californiaopencarry.org and print out some other LEA memos and some of our fliers. Make an appointment with a watch commander if you can and go talk to him. If you can't get an audience than mail the memos and fliers to the chief/sheriff return receipt.

Also you could submit a PRAR request concerning "open carry" and possibly get a new memo for the website.

Good luck and make sure you know all the ins and outs of our draconian gun laws before you head out.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BigfootJohnson View Post
    Hi...was just wondering what a "PRAR" request is? I'm guessing a notice document with the local law enforcement of intent or for some sort of public relations disclosure?

Thank you--
    Public Records Act Request: ALL public records must be made available upon request. Goto your city/county web site and download the form.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy352 View Post
    If you are unsure as to how educated your local LEOs are go to californiaopencarry.org and print out some other LEA memos and some of our fliers. Make an appointment with a watch commander if you can and go talk to him. If you can't get an audience than mail the memos and fliers to the chief/sheriff return receipt.

Also you could submit a PRAR request concerning "open carry" and possibly get a new memo for the website.

Good luck and make sure you know all the ins and outs of our draconian gun laws before you head out.
    If no one has OC'd in that area before, and LE are not prepared or know about laws regarding UOC, then there is a good chance you may get treated like a criminal (proned out, cuffed, etc.) Definitley make every attempt to do a face to face with senior supervising officer. It will also give you a gauge of what to expect from the patrol officers training and knowledge. Record everything!!!! for your protection.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!