Thread: UPDATE: Bowling Green License Office Shenanigans and Hijinx

UPDATE: Bowling Green License Office Shenanigans and Hijinx

This may, or may not, be a result of my letter to the Director of the MO Dept. of Revenue. I'm guessing that it is unrelated, but my letter may have been a contributing factor.

While reading through my local area newspaper this morning, I came across this headline:

Bowling Green license office temporarily closed; New agent being sought by state

The article is very vague and quotes Alana M. Barrigan-Scott (the director whom I worte a personal letter) as saying:

The agent did not live up to the provisions of the contract that she signed with the state, and the department exercised its option of cancelling the contract with her. I know this action may inconvenience some customers, and its not an action we took lightly. But it's vital that agents comply with the state contract and that customers have confidence that their local office is being run in an efficient manner.

Earlier this year, I OC'ed into this office and was asked to leave even though there was no signage. One of the employees of this office used my personal information to contact my employer and share my status as a CCW holder and the fact that I was using my status as his employee to allow me to OC. (Which is what I wrote the director about: Not only did I NOT use my employment as an excuse to OC---I don't need it! MO law gives me the "excuse"!--- It is illegal for anyone at that office to use my personal info, or to use it to inform anyone of my CCW status.)

The director wrote me a personal letter in return notifying me that the office manager had assured her that no such thing had ever taken place. (If not, how is it possible that my boss called me into his office to question me about this?)

Then this happens. I'm doubtful my letter caused this result, but I am almost certain it did not help things out for this licence office.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 12-09-2010 at 09:18 AM.

I still can't believe that the director didn't even apologize. To just bold faced say "it didn't happen" is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Big Boy; 12-09-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    Superlite,

You stood up for what was right and I'm sure your input was added to the scale that measured their bad doings. Good for you

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    Superlite,

You stood up for what was right and I'm sure your input was added to the scale that measured their bad doings. Good for you

Doc
    +1.

Wow thats bold of them. That could open them up to legal recourse by doing that type of thing.