• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greetings all, I'm new here.

BROKENSPROKET

Therein lies the rub. That implies that the "charming personality" you meet in public isn't his real persona, but the "public face" he puts on.

Yes it does.
But it goes to support the saying, "An armed society is a polite society". He would never dare talk like that when we get together.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
When you visit, stop by AlabamaOpenCarry.com. I'm sure there will be an OC meetup nearby. Or, heck, we'll set one up!

Sounds like a great idea! I had a talk with my sister today. Tomorrow is her birthday and I remembered our discussion about her joining the open carry movement in Alabama....anyway she said it sounded OK to her but why would she want to open carry when she carries concealed? She got me on that one. LOL. I had carried concealed for the past 32 years until I moved to Wisconsin. You CAN'T carry concealed in Wisconsin. So, open carry it is with all the hassles to go with it. After about two years of open carry I PREFER it over concealed carry. I really do. I just wish people would get over the fact that some of us DO want to exercise our God given rights and protect ourselves and our families by wearing our guns.

So I explained to her that open carry is more than just protection, it is about exercising our rights OPENLY. Big problem for her is she works for the government and cannot take her firearm to work which really negates her RTKBA. So, the next time I visit her in Marbury out in the middle of nowhere I will see if we can meet up with you guys.

I also have a son and grand kids that live in Talladega so I have several reasons to go. My son DOES open carry but only on his property.

Carry On!

Beretta-m9

That's great and all but he still hasn't called his dog off. He has apologized to you but not to me. He refuses to terminate my membership and refund my fee/donation.

Lets be very clear here. As the new guy and while attending my first WCI event ever your chairman was publicly condoning the personal attacks by his pet on me. In this thread. At the exact same time I was out donating my time and profession to this cause.

This has got to be the most f*cked up thing I have seen in a loooooooong time. And you know what? I would be willing to shut up and move past this. But so far the only ones to step up have been the members here. While I appreciate the member's efforts to smooth things over I find it disgusting that you all have to make excuses for your leadership.

I assume your Doug, for a guy who looks 85 you sure are childish, grow up already. Really how many fake names you need on here ? you got booted, man up and leave.

Beretta-m9

Every control issue is in play here, self-control, gun control, control of dialogue, control of information and control of "education".

Pro-control advocates have scored a coup. Good day, a great day, the storm is about over.

Another Doug account ? grow up grandpa.

Beretta-m9

@Tweety, don't let them run you out of here. your thoughts, questions, ideas and answers are just as valuable as anyone elses.

It is a real shame that the mods can't see who really stirs the pot around here. Maybe some apologies are owed to the ones they falsely accused and the punishment dished out to the ones that actually deserve it.

Anyways, just ignore them it is hard to do sometimes I know, but if nothing else walk away from your keyboard and come back after their posts have moved on and then it may be a little easier. I for one am glad to see women coming here and even happier to know that women are carrying for their own protection.

Another Doug... man have you no life dude ? retirement that boring for you ? You obviously have not grown up yet and im sure you never will.

oak1971

I assume your Doug, for a guy who looks 85 you sure are childish, grow up already. Really how many fake names you need on here ? you got booted, man up and leave.

I saw and spoke with him Friday. He is not Doug. I am not the only one either, there were over a dozen others there. This has been covered before.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I will personally vouch for HandyHamlet. I met him at Lizzies on Friday night and while I have never met Doug, I have seen a video staring Doug. Handy looks nothing like Doug.

There were 16 open carriers there. I believe we would all vouch for Handy.

Oak1971, Springfield 1911, Jason in WI, Have Gun Will Travel, rcawdor57 and others were there.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran

Handy is not Doug or Gleason or anyone else that has been booted. His name is Todd. He attended the open carry event we had this past Friday at Lizzy's Green Cafe from 4 till ?? I left at 8:40 and Todd was still there taking photos and apparently having a great time with those of us who did attend. Todd is a professional photographer and offered his services for the event we had Friday for the Veterans. Look through his posts and you will see he posted two photos of Vets from the event Friday.

What does it take for this paranoia on the forum to cease? When will we stop accusing others of being someone they aren't?

Beretta-m9

Handy is not Doug or Gleason or anyone else that has been booted. His name is Todd. He attended the open carry event we had this past Friday at Lizzy's Green Cafe from 4 till ?? I left at 8:40 and Todd was still there taking photos and apparently having a great time with those of us who did attend. Todd is a professional photographer and offered his services for the event we had Friday for the Veterans. Look through his posts and you will see he posted two photos of Vets from the event Friday.

What does it take for this paranoia on the forum to cease? When will we stop accusing others of being someone they aren't?

When others who got booted stop showing up? You have my apollogies Todd, I am just sick of Doug and his crap. Welcome to the forums hope you can wade through the bs better then me :uhoh:

Beretta-m9

Just report them to the admins. They have tools to figure that stuff out. Why pollute the forum?

you mean like your doing right now, everyone one who just posted could have sent pm just as easily as me. I apollogised to the guy what more you want from me ?

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

And I suppose you are 'Spartacus' cuz several WCI members have met and know HandyHamlet aka Todd, who is a professional photographer, all the while doug has not left the island.

Are you as delusional and paranoid as Spartacus?

BROKENSPROKET

you mean like your doing right now, everyone one who just posted could have sent pm just as easily as me. I apollogised to the guy what more you want from me ?

Thanks for the PM but anyone who falsely accuses someone else of being a shade or sockpuppet will be held accountable, even if they apologize, with trasnparency.

Beretta-m9

Thanks for the PM but anyone who falsely accuses someone else of being a shade or sockpuppet will be held accountable, even if they apologize, with trasnparency.

Well I can see what your all about. lets just air it all out and keep flooding someone elses thread why ? because we apparently can. Get a life. Dont expect another pm from me I will just argue in the forum with you.

BROKENSPROKET

Well I can see what your all about. lets just air it all out and keep flooding someone elses thread why ? because we apparently can. Get a life. Dont expect another pm from me I will just argue in the forum with you.

Hilarious. You start something on the forum and them chastise others for using the forum to address what you posted. I call that hippocracy.

Did you learn that from Saprtacus?

OR

Are you Spartacus?

Last edited:

XDFDE45

Hmmm...need a tinfoil hat emoticon.

tinfoil-hat-2.jpg