Thread: The Ultimate "No Need for a Gun."

The Ultimate "No Need for a Gun."

Hello all. Some of you may have seen the story in today's State Journal about the kidnapping/home invasion/robbery wherein the suspect, thank God, was shot and killed by police in Monona. I'm a bartender at a bar in downtown Madison, and last night the victim, "M.", came into my establishment to have a few drinks. He related what happened to me firsthand:

"M." comes back to his house (alone) to find the place absolutely ransacked. Unbeknownst to him at the time, the guy was still there in his house. As I understand it, the guy comes downstairs and sticks a gun in M's face. By this time, the guy had already taken two loads of stuff out of M's house, to include all of his wife's jewelry, his rifles, his TV, and basically anything else of value. The perp proceeds to zip-tie M's hands and chains him to his own water-heater in the basement while continuing to ransack the place. Unhappy with his haul, the perp then forces M to go with him to deduct $500 from his checking account via ATM. They come back and, as I understood it, the kidnapper lets M go for a second. But that isn't the end of it. The bastard then comes back to the door and, when M answers it, sticks a gun in my customer's ribs. (He remarked that he noticed the hammer was back and the revolver was ready to fire.) The guy then forces M to accompany him once again, this time to make a large withdrawal from M's savings account. When they get to the drive-up lane, the teller thinks it strange that a black man is driving M's car while M is making a large withdrawal. The teller then mouthed at M "Do you need help?", to which M gave a curt nod. The teller calls 911 and stalls the guy for a couple of minutes until the cops show up. The suspect freaked out and rammed a cruiser, whereupon the cops blasted his worthless behind. "M" dove for cover while shouting that the perp had a gun and made it out unharmed.

While this story had a happy ending, I can't help but think how "M" having a loaded pistol might have changed the equation, or what might have happened to "M" after they returned to his house a second time, given that he'd gotten a long good look at the perpetrator. "M" and his wife "S" are some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet, and for him to have this happen to him or for his wife to potentially become a widow pisses me off. I gave "M" a WCI card and told him about out group; hopefully he'll join us. No need for a gun, indeed.

Here's a link to the story:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c03286.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasKraut View Post
    Hello all. Some of you may have seen the story in today's State Journal about the kidnapping/home invasion/robbery wherein the suspect, thank God, was shot and killed by police in Monona. I'm a bartender at a bar in downtown Madison, and last night the victim, "M.", came into my establishment to have a few drinks. He related what happened to me firsthand:

"M." comes back to his house (alone) to find the place absolutely ransacked. Unbeknownst to him at the time, the guy was still there in his house. As I understand it, the guy comes downstairs and sticks a gun in M's face. By this time, the guy had already taken two loads of stuff out of M's house, to include all of his wife's jewelry, his rifles, his TV, and basically anything else of value. The perp proceeds to zip-tie M's hands and chains him to his own water-heater in the basement while continuing to ransack the place. Unhappy with his haul, the perp then forces M to go with him to deduct $500 from his checking account via ATM. They come back and, as I understood it, the kidnapper lets M go for a second. But that isn't the end of it. The bastard then comes back to the door and, when M answers it, sticks a gun in my customer's ribs. (He remarked that he noticed the hammer was back and the revolver was ready to fire.) The guy then forces M to accompany him once again, this time to make a large withdrawal from M's savings account. When they get to the drive-up lane, the teller thinks it strange that a black man is driving M's car while M is making a large withdrawal. The teller then mouthed at M "Do you need help?", to which M gave a curt nod. The teller calls 911 and stalls the guy for a couple of minutes until the cops show up. The suspect freaked out and rammed a cruiser, whereupon the cops blasted his worthless behind. "M" dove for cover while shouting that the perp had a gun and made it out unharmed.

While this story had a happy ending, I can't help but think how "M" having a loaded pistol might have changed the equation, or what might have happened to "M" after they returned to his house a second time, given that he'd gotten a long good look at the perpetrator. "M" and his wife "S" are some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet, and for him to have this happen to him or for his wife to potentially become a widow pisses me off. I gave "M" a WCI card and told him about out group; hopefully he'll join us. No need for a gun, indeed.

Here's a link to the story:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c03286.html
    That is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Luckily it was a good outcome and that M and his wife were not hurt.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    wow yup no need for a gun there even old ted nugent would agree with that one
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

who needs guns when crimes can be foiled with a simple head or hand gesture?

G.W. alerting us he needs help?
    (/couldn't resist)
    Last edited by Coded-Dude; 12-09-2010 at 02:41 PM.
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Scary! I'm glad that he and his wife are safe.

Campaign Veteran
    Good ending. Serves as another example of how very bad things happen to very good people, anywhere, anytime.

Blah, my son lives 2 blocks from that location, makes me nervous when it happens so close to family, glad the victims are ok.

Nope, no need for a gun, even at a bar so you can protect yourself when you get home.

I'm glad this had a happy ending.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I'm glad this had a happy ending.
    +1

I just love a happy ending.