• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Ultimate "No Need for a Gun."

KansasKraut

Hello all. Some of you may have seen the story in today's State Journal about the kidnapping/home invasion/robbery wherein the suspect, thank God, was shot and killed by police in Monona. I'm a bartender at a bar in downtown Madison, and last night the victim, "M.", came into my establishment to have a few drinks. He related what happened to me firsthand:

"M." comes back to his house (alone) to find the place absolutely ransacked. Unbeknownst to him at the time, the guy was still there in his house. As I understand it, the guy comes downstairs and sticks a gun in M's face. By this time, the guy had already taken two loads of stuff out of M's house, to include all of his wife's jewelry, his rifles, his TV, and basically anything else of value. The perp proceeds to zip-tie M's hands and chains him to his own water-heater in the basement while continuing to ransack the place. Unhappy with his haul, the perp then forces M to go with him to deduct $500 from his checking account via ATM. They come back and, as I understood it, the kidnapper lets M go for a second. But that isn't the end of it. The bastard then comes back to the door and, when M answers it, sticks a gun in my customer's ribs. (He remarked that he noticed the hammer was back and the revolver was ready to fire.) The guy then forces M to accompany him once again, this time to make a large withdrawal from M's savings account. When they get to the drive-up lane, the teller thinks it strange that a black man is driving M's car while M is making a large withdrawal. The teller then mouthed at M "Do you need help?", to which M gave a curt nod. The teller calls 911 and stalls the guy for a couple of minutes until the cops show up. The suspect freaked out and rammed a cruiser, whereupon the cops blasted his worthless behind. "M" dove for cover while shouting that the perp had a gun and made it out unharmed.

While this story had a happy ending, I can't help but think how "M" having a loaded pistol might have changed the equation, or what might have happened to "M" after they returned to his house a second time, given that he'd gotten a long good look at the perpetrator. "M" and his wife "S" are some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet, and for him to have this happen to him or for his wife to potentially become a widow pisses me off. I gave "M" a WCI card and told him about out group; hopefully he'll join us. No need for a gun, indeed.

Here's a link to the story:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_ed3dd462-0309-11e0-bc32-001cc4c03286.html

Crassus

Banned
Hello all. Some of you may have seen the story in today's State Journal about the kidnapping/home invasion/robbery wherein the suspect, thank God, was shot and killed by police in Monona. I'm a bartender at a bar in downtown Madison, and last night the victim, "M.", came into my establishment to have a few drinks. He related what happened to me firsthand:

"M." comes back to his house (alone) to find the place absolutely ransacked. Unbeknownst to him at the time, the guy was still there in his house. As I understand it, the guy comes downstairs and sticks a gun in M's face. By this time, the guy had already taken two loads of stuff out of M's house, to include all of his wife's jewelry, his rifles, his TV, and basically anything else of value. The perp proceeds to zip-tie M's hands and chains him to his own water-heater in the basement while continuing to ransack the place. Unhappy with his haul, the perp then forces M to go with him to deduct $500 from his checking account via ATM. They come back and, as I understood it, the kidnapper lets M go for a second. But that isn't the end of it. The bastard then comes back to the door and, when M answers it, sticks a gun in my customer's ribs. (He remarked that he noticed the hammer was back and the revolver was ready to fire.) The guy then forces M to accompany him once again, this time to make a large withdrawal from M's savings account. When they get to the drive-up lane, the teller thinks it strange that a black man is driving M's car while M is making a large withdrawal. The teller then mouthed at M "Do you need help?", to which M gave a curt nod. The teller calls 911 and stalls the guy for a couple of minutes until the cops show up. The suspect freaked out and rammed a cruiser, whereupon the cops blasted his worthless behind. "M" dove for cover while shouting that the perp had a gun and made it out unharmed.

While this story had a happy ending, I can't help but think how "M" having a loaded pistol might have changed the equation, or what might have happened to "M" after they returned to his house a second time, given that he'd gotten a long good look at the perpetrator. "M" and his wife "S" are some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet, and for him to have this happen to him or for his wife to potentially become a widow pisses me off. I gave "M" a WCI card and told him about out group; hopefully he'll join us. No need for a gun, indeed.

Here's a link to the story:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_ed3dd462-0309-11e0-bc32-001cc4c03286.html
That is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Coded-Dude

who needs guns when crimes can be foiled with a simple head or hand gesture?

bush-cowboy-hat-tip-231x300.jpg

G.W. alerting us he needs help?
(/couldn't resist)

Last edited:

Beretta-m9

Blah, my son lives 2 blocks from that location, makes me nervous when it happens so close to family, glad the victims are ok.

protias

Nope, no need for a gun, even at a bar so you can protect yourself when you get home.

I'm glad this had a happy ending.