Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please don't bump up spam threads.

Banned

Please don't bump up spam threads.

This is just a request. Please don't say I am infringing on your right to free speech.

Bumped threads cause people to open forums only to find out that there is nothing really there. Some will open the thread and foolishly click on the links. Some of these links contain information on the site where they were posted--which invites more spam, just by clicking on the link!

So, please, don't click the links and don't bump the threads. Just report them and let the staff handle it. They are quite good at it. Frankly, this is the longest I've seen a spam thread hang around.

Thanks.

/bump....

>.>

j/k

reported.

just kidding, thats usually what I post when I see one so others will know to report and or ignore.
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    reported.

just kidding, thats usually what I post when I see one so others will know to report and or ignore.
    Oh, yeah? Well I just reported YOU!

Any bump, even a notification of a report, increases the chance that someone will click the link. I suggest just letting the thread slip down the index until the mods get it.

JMO. Folks are free to do what they wish.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Deer freind,
    I have large corporation account that must move to USA. If you would kindly help me transfer said funds to your country I can make you most lucrative offer.

Now this thread has spam in it too....

bump
    bump!

R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Deer freind,
    I have large corporation account that must move to USA. If you would kindly help me transfer said funds to your country I can make you most lucrative offer.

Now this thread has spam in it too....

bump
    bump!

Really? What's the offer? I am interested in helping you and making some coin. Should I Western Union you some money?

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Really? What's the offer? I am interested in helping you and making some coin. Should I Western Union you some money?
    LMAO......
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

I was just contacted by a widow in a small African country. She has inherited millions from her dead husband, but the bank will not release the funds until certain charges are paid.
    All she wants to do is borrow 10k for the bank fees, and she will pay me a million dollars. What a sucker! doesn't she know that pretty much any bank would loan her the money at a much lower interest rate? I am going to hurry send her the money before she figures that out.
    Anyone want to go in with me on this?
    I am going to use the money to buy some lovely swampland in Florida.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Banned
    I would recommend against bumping the thread, even to announce that you have reported the post. Just report the post.

You should add a spam section to the form. They are really funny. Have people post there spam poems and offers of easy riches. We all need a laugh right?

Banned
    Unfortunately, some spam links cause the url of this board to be transmitted to the spam site every time the link is clicked. This makes our site the target of even more spam. Whatever the entertainment value, the spam should not be tolerated, bumped, or clicked.

Cant you EVER just be quiet???

This is just a request. Please don't say I am infringing on your right to free speech.

Bumped threads cause people to open forums only to find out that there is nothing really there. Some will open the thread and foolishly click on the links. Some of these links contain information on the site where they were posted--which invites more spam, just by clicking on the link!

So, please, don't click the links and don't bump the threads. Just report them and let the staff handle it. They are quite good at it. Frankly, this is the longest I've seen a spam thread hang around.

Thanks.
    Oh, yeah? Well I just reported YOU!

Any bump, even a notification of a report, increases the chance that someone will click the link. I suggest just letting the thread slip down the index until the mods get it.

JMO. Folks are free to do what they wish.
    I would recommend against bumping the thread, even to announce that you have reported the post. Just report the post.
    Unfortunately, some spam links cause the url of this board to be transmitted to the spam site every time the link is clicked. This makes our site the target of even more spam. Whatever the entertainment value, the spam should not be tolerated, bumped, or clicked.

this is post no. 12 in a thread you started about not bumping spam threads.
    How dumb is that ,, starting a spam thread about bumping spam threads!
    5 of these posts are from you!
    please,, every one just stop,, OK???
    and eye95 especially,, stop first!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    .........starting a spam thread about bumping spam threads!.............

How is this a spam thread? He is not selling or advertising a product or service.
    The last post he made had a very good point. When you click a link in a spam thread you are telling the spammers that it is an active board and they are getting "hits" that will encourage them to post more links on that board. They will also share/sell this info with others and that will also subject that board to more spam.

An additional warning, clicking on such links may result in your computer being infected with malware.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

oookkk,,,

the fed is right,,,,, im sorry
    im just tired of seeing eye making every other post, in just about every thread.
    maybe im just rude.
    i try not to post unless i actually have something new and important to add to the discussion.
    some folks post every time there is a blank space available.
    even if they admit they dont know the law or experiance with a question or a fact.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    How is this a spam thread? He is not selling or advertising a product or service.
    The last post he made had a very good point. When you click a link in a spam thread you are telling the spammers that it is an active board and they are getting "hits" that will encourage them to post more links on that board. They will also share/sell this info with others and that will also subject that board to more spam.

An additional warning, clicking on such links may result in your computer being infected with malware.
    I am not concerned. There is a reason I no longer read what he writes.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    this is post no. 12 in a thread you started about not bumping spam threads.
    How dumb is that ,, starting a spam thread about bumping spam threads!
    5 of these posts are from you!
    please,, every one just stop,, OK???
    and eye95 especially,, stop first!!!
    True, but this thread is obviously so crucial to national security, so...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

but I need to get my post count up and posting to stuff that I know nothing about or that I have no experiance in helps me accomplish this ???? How is a guy supposed to get recognized as a post ***** if he don't post???

EYE this is NOT directed at you in any way just couldn't help myself LOL
    America Home of the Free BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE ! ! ! !

sorry...couldn't resist.
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Banned
    I thought today might be good day to ask again that folks don't bump the spam threads.

All I did was flag that puppy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spam.gif 
Views:	36 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	4831
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Banned
    Any bump, even one that flags the spam, increases the chance that the spam link is clicked, posing a danger to the clicker's computer and passing along our URL to those who would spam us more.

The report button provides a discreet way of flagging spam in a way that helps get it deleted without helping the spammer find victims.

JMO. Handle it how you choose.

Any bump, even one that flags the spam, increases the chance that the spam link is clicked, posing a danger to the clicker's computer and passing along our URL to those who would spam us more.

The report button provides a discreet way of flagging spam in a way that helps get it deleted without helping the spammer find victims.

Simply hitting the "Report Post" is what I did/meant. I made no actual post in the thread.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    Simply hitting the "Report Post" is what I did/meant. I made no actual post in the thread.
    Sorry. I misunderstood you. Someone had bumped the thread with a post that identified it as spam. I mistakenly assumed that you were saying that that had been you. Sorry.

I don't know - in this day and age, anyone stupid enough to click on what is clearly a SPAM link deserves what they get, imo. If that means the moron in question has to format their hard drive and start over (or pay someone to do it for them,) so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95

I generally agree with what you're saying, but am really bothered by the fact that you feel it necessary to speak to the other posters of this forum as if we're all your children. In fact, the very existence of this thread annoys me enough that I'll probably bump a SPAM thread just to irritate you (and I have a feeling I won't be the only one to do so.) I tend to do that sort of thing when someone with absolutely no authority over me tries to tell me what (or what not) to do.

Just in case you need a reminder: You're not a mod. You have no say over what anyone else does here.
    Last edited by LV XD9; 12-19-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Eye95... are you racist? Do you harbor an irrational fear, loathing and hatred for luncheon meat? Does the odd fatty sheen creep you out? Does the metallic packaging appear to be too close to the perfect meld of form and function? Do the colors yellow and blue cause you to break out into fits of hives?
    Last edited by Kirbinator; 12-19-2010 at 05:51 PM.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast