• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you propose Washington's State Official firearm...

amlevin

How about the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress? Not exactly a gun but it sure carried a whole bunch of them (about a dozen Browning .50 cals) and they were built right here (well, right there, on the wet side, since I'm on the dry side).

Yes, the B-17 was a Boeing plane (design, that is). They were also built by Douglas and Lockheed during the war.

amlevin

Why would we want public officials, spending the time we pay them for voting on stuff like this?

One reason I can think of is that we're stuck with a bunch of morons for Legislators. The more time they spend on "stuff" like this, the less time they have to pass more taxes or create more Departments and Programs. Since they aren't smart enough to realize what the true mission of government is, and think it should grow to the point it is "all controlling", then we need to keep them busy on benign projects like this.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
.30-30 lever action. It is the gun of the west and I would also bet that many many lontime resident's of Washington hunted deer with this gun in their youth.

GoGo,
If you would allow me to be just a bit more historically correct, the Model 1894 Winchester was originally only offered in 38-55 and 32-40, thus making the rifle with those calibers the true "gun of the west". However, as you state, the 30-30 has probably taken more deer over the last hundred years than any other and is a necked down 38-55/375 Winchester.

http://www.rifleshootermag.com/ammunition/rs_3855Winchester_200811/index.html

So it depends on whether the State gun should be the gun that was used after we became a state or include the Territorial years which would be the 1873, and, like 1245A would be my vote.

IMG_4416.jpg

Starting from the bottom: Genuine Model 1894 Winchester in 38-55, Navy Arms "Winchester" 1873 in 44-40, Marlin Model 375 in 375 Winchester, Marlin 1894 CL Classic in 32-20, and a Rossi replica of an old Overland double hammered Coach gun.

Of course, these all belong to my wifes 5th cousin once removed somewhere.