• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you propose Washington's State Official firearm...

Lovenox

If a rifle, the M1 Garand or M14 Springfield. If a pistol, 1911 or Springfield XD.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Winchester Model 94

.30-30 lever action. It is the gun of the west and I would also bet that many many lontime resident's of Washington hunted deer with this gun in their youth.

9198d1208272902-win-94-rear-sight-installation-winchester-model-94-2-113.jpg

Last edited:

FMCDH

Sig .22 mosquito.

Sig because they are awesome!

.22 because I have never met so many people in a state that carry a .22 cal.

Mosquito because....well..its Washington! ;-)

1245A Defender

uh?

maybe gogo got his pics mixed?
that is a marlin mod 336c pictured.
i will vote for the winchester mod 1873!
maybe that gun was used by washington frontiersmen settling
the northwest territory to create our state in 1889.

Trigger Dr

WRONG, Bob

maybe gogo got his pics mixed?
that is a marlin mod 336c pictured.
i will vote for the winchester mod 1873!
maybe that gun was used by washington frontiersmen settling
the northwest territory to create our state in 1889.

Hey Bob, look again.. that is a 94 win.

Aryk45XD

Ruger 10/22

Old time favorite of the American people. Extremely versatile and endless combination of alterations. Cheap. Maybe a bit too much hype for such a small bite. Etc... Anyone else agree

.45ACPaddy

I vote for the kind that goes BANG when you pull the trigger!

I like the idea of the official firearm being what the frontiersmen used when they were traveling to and settling in the northwest.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
victordewey2.jpg
Victor Dewey 12 guage shotgun. In reality, any of the generic hardware-store shotguns. This is the one my grandfather used when he homesteaded in Washington a century ago.

Attachments

• victordewey3.jpg
    victordewey3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 126

Hammer

As a classic, I like the 1874 Sharps. Since it's the state firearm, the caliber isn't important to me, but I load for .45-70, so if authentic paper-patched loads are part of the scheme, I have that covered.
Now, if a more modern look is wanted, let's go with a M249 SAW. We oughta make them legal in the state so's one could own the state firearm.
In a pistol, old school- single action revolver. The Colt SAA is authentic, but a Ruger BH with some buffalo loads is a bunch more fun to shoot. New school, A Glock. Thousands of 'em in use all over the state in LE hands, and lots more in private hands.

amlevin

For Washington State Politicians it would be the "Blunderbuss".

"Big Mouthed", inaccurate, ineffective, lots of flash and noise, and often misses what it is aiming for.

For the rest of us, it would most likely be the sporterized "milsurp" rifle. When I was growing up, everyone had a sporterized Mauser 98, 1903 Springfield, a Springfield in 30-40 Krag, or 1917 Winchester (Enfield), etc. As a runner up, any octagonal barrel, pump action, 22 rifle. Standard issue for any farm for pest control.

Lammo

How about the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress? Not exactly a gun but it sure carried a whole bunch of them (about a dozen Browning .50 cals) and they were built right here (well, right there, on the wet side, since I'm on the dry side).

Attachments

• 300px-Color_Photographed_B-17E_in_Flight.jpg
    300px-Color_Photographed_B-17E_in_Flight.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 73