• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Holder Threatens to Shoot His iPhone.

Tribunal Power

Wow... There's nothing wrong with wanting to blast apart your phone-- who hasn't?-- but beyond that, everything this guy did was a special kind of stupid.

If you're gonna "pop a 9mm at" your phone, at least do it responsibly... Like I did. :D
35865_1410949248179_1665943008_961166_5810489_n.jpg

PT111

Unfortunately what the idiot did was what the public sees too often and tends to associate all gun totin' rednecks with. His one action set our cause back for a lot of people. We can talk about responsibility all we want to but they look at him and say "Are you sure"?

neuroblades

All too true.

Agreed! BTW, for those that might not be aware of the fact. All those phones that still function but their contracts have run out, they still have a very important use for EVERYONE! The FCC mandated that ALL cell carriers have to honour and pass 911 calls, even if they're made from a phone that's not under contract.

Last edited:

Tribunal Power

Agreed! BTW, for those that might not be aware of the fact. All those phones that still function but their contracts have run out, they still have a very important use for EVERYONE! The FCC mandated that ALL cell carriers have to honour and pass 911 calls, even if they're made from a phone that's not under contract.

Disclaimer time: my phone was non-functional at the time, although I probably still would have destroyed the thing. I used the thing as best I could until my contract was up for renewal (which was a painstaking several months to have a flaky phone). It would turn on, usually, but would soon thereafter shut itself off. Nobody could possibly make a call on it-- I'd call that nonfunctional. :p All the better, though. I was very satisfied to introduce it to my firearm collection.

On topic, what sort of sentence is he getting? Is it something as simple as a fine or is he looking at jail time?

PT111

Something that just occurred to me is that I have seen a lot of people give their old phones to their toddlers to play with. :D In some cased they even charge up the battery so it will make a noise when they push the buttons. :banana: If you do that be careful because the next thing you know they could easily be dialing 911 and a lot of visitors showing up at your house due to a panic call from a 3 year old. :shocker:

neuroblades

Disclaimer time: my phone was non-functional at the time, although I probably still would have destroyed the thing. I used the thing as best I could until my contract was up for renewal (which was a painstaking several months to have a flaky phone). It would turn on, usually, but would soon thereafter shut itself off. Nobody could possibly make a call on it-- I'd call that nonfunctional. :p All the better, though. I was very satisfied to introduce it to my firearm collection.

On topic, what sort of sentence is he getting? Is it something as simple as a fine or is he looking at jail time?

I know what you mean, a flaky phonew is completely useless. As for the what happened with this guy, I have no idea! I heard about this story awhile back but then I lost track of it until running across it once again and then I posted it.

neuroblades

Something that just occurred to me is that I have seen a lot of people give their old phones to their toddlers to play with. :D In some cased they even charge up the battery so it will make a noise when they push the buttons. :banana: If you do that be careful because the next thing you know they could easily be dialing 911 and a lot of visitors showing up at your house due to a panic call from a 3 year old. :shocker:

*LOL* As weird as it sounds, you just know that this has happened at some point! *LOL* There's yet another lesson learned.