Thread: Guns at Atlanta Airport

Guns at Atlanta Airport

Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-26-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: fixed double title
    ar15 sbr glock 19 beretta m9
    Proud Lifetime georgia carry member
    nam vet

Congratulations to all you folks in Georgia who have prevailed after many moons of struggle.

And I would be remiss if I did not congratulate Atlanta's Mayor on recognizing that, despite his politics and personal opinions, the law is the law and must be obeyed.

[tongue firmly in cheek]I'll be following this to read the reports of shootings over parking spaces and over-weight baggage.[/tongue firmly in cheek]

stay safe.

Atlanta would not have any Problems if they would only follow Georgia's Firearm and Weapons Act.

"The fact of the matter is..." Atlanta was going to lose, badly, and some lawyers finally talked some sense into the mayor and made him understand that.

Congratulations, Georgians.

Campaign Veteran
    Was this a long or hotly contested issue?

Yes..., as Atlanta has NEVER liked State Firearms Preemption.

You can and should do so..., as I am NOT a Kentucky Residnet and even I know that Kentucky has the following Law: KRS 65.870.

KRS 65.870 IS Clear, and the ONLY Exception is under KRS 237.115, BUT this Exception ONLY Applies to Concealed Firearms, therefore; Open Carry is Inapplicable to KRS 237.115.

In Fact, in Kentucky, unlike Georgia, the ONLY Two Places that are Illegal for Open Carry are: 1. Schools, as Defined under KRS 527.070 AND 2. Bars (when the Firearm is Loaded) under KRS 244.125.

gutshot:

Thank you for your Compliment.

Kentucky Law Enforcement Officials would be Poised to Obey The Law under a Kentucky Court Order Mandateing that 'They' do so.

aadvark
    Last edited by aadvark; 01-18-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Moved here about a year ago from Oregon. In Oregon we could carry at the airport and college campuses. Nice to see Georgia working to catch up with other states.

Those dummies down at city hall in Atlanta have always thought they lived in New York or California and could force their toxic gun controls on everybody else within I-285 but the Georgia General Assembly in response to Atlanta trying to sue gun makers for 3rd party crimes had to slap them down with preemption in the middle 90s, gradually we got stand your ground laws and castle doctrine laws were strengthened. This is the south.

Cool

I open carried at the airport on Labor Day Monday and there were no problems.