• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Munitions: Silent Bullet Rounds, Man-Marker, Rounds, Target Bullet Rounds

Jon Bonavia

Banned
Every once in a long while, being a blogger has excellent perks. Getting a private demo of state-of-the-art training technology is one of them.

Two weeks ago I was able to meet up with Mark Meadows, US Sales & Training Director for Ultimate Training Munitions (UTM) for a private demo of some of their non-lethal training ammunition used in close combat training. I was blown away, but the good thing is, you won’t be.

Ultimate Training Munitions’ products are designed to be precisely that: purpose-built firearms training devices, ammunition and accessories designed for military, law enforcement, and professional training organizations. ...

http://bigpeace.com/bowens/2010/12/09/cool-military-training-tech-from-utm/

Crassus

Banned
Every once in a long while, being a blogger has excellent perks. Getting a private demo of state-of-the-art training technology is one of them.

Two weeks ago I was able to meet up with Mark Meadows, US Sales & Training Director for Ultimate Training Munitions (UTM) for a private demo of some of their non-lethal training ammunition used in close combat training. I was blown away, but the good thing is, you won’t be.

Ultimate Training Munitions’ products are designed to be precisely that: purpose-built firearms training devices, ammunition and accessories designed for military, law enforcement, and professional training organizations.

http://bigpeace.com/bowens/2010/12/09/cool-military-training-tech-from-utm/

Welcome to the forum Jon, This system sounds interesting to say the least. Will this be affordable to the average person to be able to do a little self training and shooting discipline with?

Jon Bonavia

Banned
Of course I have no idea.

I do hope that all Wisconsonites are well educated on the alternatives available to the Legislature. I am gratified by the strength of opinion and numbers of educators in Wisconsin.

Jason in WI

I do hope that all Wisconsonites are well educated on the alternatives available to the Legislature. I am gratified by the strength of opinion and numbers of educators in Wisconsin.

Welcome to the forum Jon Bonavia,
Thank you for being honest and including that you are a gun control activist in your profile. We don't post copyrighted material here verbatim, we respect the authors property. Next time you post an article please include a highlight or excerpt and the link.

I'm a little confused by the above comment. Exactly what do training ammunition have to do with "alternatives available to the Legislature"? Are you proposing we should carry marker rounds? I don't think that's going to go over too well considering we can't even have UV dye in our pepper spray. If we shoot bad guys with marker rounds and the police stop the painted villains, would that be considered profiling?

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I have no use for non lethal rounds, the bad guys won't use them so why should I?

This, I agree..............although this type of training ammo would be well suited to CCW instructors..of course being nothing is free, this would increase the cost of the classes. Also good for teaching private home defense classes.

Jon Bonavia

Banned
Thank you, Jason, for your concern.

Please see 17USC107 for the legal tests for fair use. Remember that the owners of this site need no particular reason to takedown or redact any contribution.

AaronS

Of course I have no idea.

I do have to ask what alternatives?
We can only carry weak peper spray, no stun guns, and no tasers...

I think I will stick with my full power .45ACP rounds...
Glock34 does have a good point though. This SBR would be great for training.

On a side note.

Jon Bonavia, I am happy to have you on the forum. I think your posts should help give us more to think about. You might be "anti-rights" now, but I bet in a few more years, you will start thinking about the carry of a handgun. Crime in Milwaukee should be the push you need to start protecting your family. I hope you never have to pray I will do it for you. After all, it is your job, not mine. Now how about that for an alternative?

paul@paul-fisher.com

WAVE Executive Director Jeri Bonavia = Jon Bonavia

Please Mr/Mrs Bonavia - take your anti civil rights garbage and leave this site. No one wants you here.

***** to all those on OCDO, I recommend you remove anything you posted in a thread with "Jon Bonavia". This poster is WAVE, and they HATE US!! Anything you say or type WILL be used against us by WAVE!

Personally I have no issue with her posting here. She might learn something.

nevinsb

Hopefully it cycles more reliably than the M4 with the m862 ammo. All they were good for was doing malfunction training. Think it was a LMT bolt if I remember right, it almost made me puke seeing the word UMT.

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I don't mind that WAVE or other anti-freedom people come on here as long as they adhere to the rules of the Administrators. When you post any sort of difference of opinion on WAVE's Facebook page it is removed and the person who posted is blocked. They hate and fear facts and opinions that do not jive with their agenda. That alone shows their intolerance and how worried they are about the truth not supporting their beliefs.

We don't have to have such a fear and intolerance on our side.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I don't mind that WAVE or other anti-freedom people come on here as long as they adhere to the rules of the Administrators. When you post any sort of difference of opinion on WAVE's Facebook page it is removed and the person who posted is blocked. They hate and fear facts and opinions that do not jive with their agenda. That alone shows their intolerance and how worried they are about the truth not supporting their beliefs.

We don't have to have such a fear and intolerance on our side.

+1

We also assume that you are who you say you are. It could be 'john Bonivia' has nothing to do with Jeri Bonivia.

Jason in WI

It could be 'john Bonivia' has nothing to do with Jeri Bonivia.

That's a very reasonable and safe assumption. My best guess is it's a former or current member intent on disrupting the forum by trolling. Regardless, I still think we should show respect and common courtesy if we chose to respond. Besides I'm also a gun control advocate, I truly believe you should use both hands :p.

Interceptor_Knight

While this article is addressing training munitions, it is a short jump to suggest that less than lethal rounds be used for self defense.
The reality is that besides training, less than lethal rounds are primarily useful for crowd control or to subdue an uncooperative suspect while trying to arrest them and not for self defense. Until a less than lethal round is produced which shuts down the central nervous system and absolutely prevents a violent felon from harming someone else, they will never replace deadly force altogether.

Last edited:

GlockRDH

@Shotgun, the other side does FEAR 'fact and reason'...their arguments are all emotion based. This is why they feel the need to delete any and all comments on the FB page...not just contrary comments but even questions regarding what they believe...