Thread: WikiLeaks and Lying: Official Government Userís Guide to Dishonesty

Banned

WikiLeaks and Lying: Official Government Userís Guide to Dishonesty

WikiLeaks and Lying: Official Government User’s Guide to Dishonesty
    Posted by Jim Hanson Dec 9th 2010 at 11:11 am in Politics | 58049Comments(14)http%3A%2F%2Fbigpeace.com%2Fjhans on%2F2010%2F12%2F09%2Fwikileaks-and-lying-official-government-users-guide-to-dishonesty%2FWikiLeaks+and+Lying%3A+Official+Gover nment+User%27s+Guide+to+Dishonesty2010-12-09+19%3A11%3A34Jim+Hansonhttp%3A%2F%2Fbigpeace.com %2F%3Fp%3D58049

The worm’s eye view of our diplomatic dithering points out an aspect of diplomacy and US public policy that is worth discussing, LIES! Does our government tell them? Constantly, should they? In some cases, yeah.

Sec. Def. Gates has been quoted lately saying that claims the leaks had done significant damage to our national security were “significantly overwrought.” Now you can say that he was simply deflecting the question as is customary, or you could say that he knows that those leaks have done hugely significant damage to our national security and ability to conduct foreign policy, and so his answer was an official lie. It is not in our interest to have him say “Of course it knees us in the nads.” So he tap dances and occasionally just flat out lies.

http://bigpeace.com/jhanson/2010/12/...to-dishonesty/

Merry Christmas

Banned
    I took the opportunity to read all four of your posts so far. I find no indication that you are here to advocate for or to discuss open carry. Are you here mainly to advocate for liberal ideology? If that is the case, there are many venues more suited to that.

Here at OCDO, we generally discuss open carry. Of course, we stray into other topics (hence the recent creation of the Social Lounge). However, we post here, first and foremost, because we are brought together by the topic of open carry.

When someone immediately starts posting on controversial topics and says nothing about OC, it raises flags. We naturally wonder if we are being trolled by someone trying to stir the pot on a site where he perceives most folks would fundamentally disagree with his ideas.

So, are you an open carrier? Or are you motivated by something else to post here?

Banned

Ron Paul: "Lying is not partiotic"

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bonavia View Post
    <object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
    Huh?

Again, your reason to be on OPENCARRY.org?

WAVE Executive Director is Jeri Bonavia... This "person" is "Jon Bonavia"... Uh huh...

WAVE Executive Director Jeri Bonavia = Jon Bonavia

Please Mr/Mrs Bonavia - take your anti civil rights garbage and leave this site. No one wants you here.

***** to all those on OCDO, I recommend you remove anything you posted in a thread with "Jon Bonavia". This poster is WAVE, and they HATE US!! Anything you say or type WILL be used against us by WAVE!
    Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

Ban Jon Bonavia

Quote Originally Posted by goforlow View Post
    WAVE Executive Director Jeri Bonavia = Jon Bonavia

Please Mr/Mrs Bonavia - take your anti civil rights garbage and leave this site. No one wants you here.

***** to all those on OCDO, I recommend you remove anything you posted in a thread with "Jon Bonavia". This poster is WAVE, and they HATE US!! Anything you say or type WILL be used against us by WAVE!
    Vote to ban +1

Last edited by Nevada carrier; 12-12-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Banned
    He has done noting yet that is ban-worthy. He bears considerable watching.

--He has not yet posted on the topic of OC.
    --He has not engaged in conversations, preferring to "drive by."
    --He almost never respond to responses to his posts.

In and of themselves, these are not bannable offenses, however they raise the legitimate question as to why he is here and what he is ultimately up to. Let's just rationally challenge what he says and let him post like we'd let anyone else post, until and unless he does something more obviously trollish or gives up and goes away.

If he never blossoms fully into trollhood while continuing to post, more power to him.

Caveat: I don't believe the restraint will last forever.

Caveat part Deux: I am not yet convinced that he is the person his profile implies that he is.

We have RAS of a trolling, but not PC, and certainly not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

What is WAVE?
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Banned
    It is a Wisconsin anti-gun group. Some folks are claiming that this guy is really the leader of the group because he is anti-gun and his screen last name is the same as the real last name of the group's primary mouth.

Others are claiming that he is a shade or a sock-puppet for a member who was banned trying to stir up trouble.

It doesn't matter. What matters is his behavior. While his behavior is, at best, suspicious, he has yet to do anything that I have seen that is ban-worthy. He has added nothing constructive to the site, but is not required to (constructive being rational discussion on OC, even if it is not pro, but con).

He bears watching (and reporting, if he steps over the line), but anything else should be left up to the site staff.

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    What is WAVE?
    It's usually described as a wind-driven, destructive form of hydraulic action on our nation's shores.

I've also heard it described as a cool, soothing action of water that's fun to surf, but only the former definition depicts a man-made phenomenon.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    It's usually described as a wind-driven, destructive form of hydraulic action on our nation's shores.

I've also heard it described as a cool, soothing action of water that's fun to surf, but only the former definition depicts a man-made phenomenon.
    I see beauty pageant winners, move their hand in a motion described as a wave on floats.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz
    WAVE Executive Director is Jeri Bonavia... This "person" is "Jon Bonavia"... Uh huh...
    In another thread started by this person (whom some of us suspect lives on an island, but the mods haven't proven that yet) Auric confirmed that Jon is not Jeri, not someone from WAVE, and not someone she knows. She was (as reported) mad that someone was impersonating her.

The person who is unproven as to identity is getting itself in deeper trouble every time s/he uses this name.
    Also as pointed out, this person isn't here for the same purpose the rest of us are. S/he is interested in stirring up feces, not discussing open carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I see beauty pageant winners, move their hand in a motion described as a wave on floats.
    I've seen the Queen Mother do much the same, but I hold her government's gross anti-firearm rights violations in about the same regard as I do WAVE and a month-old barrel of rotting table scraps.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I've seen the Queen Mother do much the same, but I hold her government's gross anti-firearm rights violations in about the same regard as I do WAVE and a month-old barrel of rotting table scraps.
    At least rotting table scraps are biodegrabeable, and thus will make a useful contribution to the biosphere.