• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WikiLeaks and Lying: Official Government User’s Guide to Dishonesty

Jon Bonavia

Banned
WikiLeaks and Lying: Official Government User’s Guide to Dishonesty
Posted by Jim Hanson Dec 9th 2010 at 11:11 am in Politics | 58049Comments(14)http%3A%2F%2Fbigpeace.com%2Fjhanson%2F2010%2F12%2F09%2Fwikileaks-and-lying-official-government-users-guide-to-dishonesty%2FWikiLeaks+and+Lying%3A+Official+Government+User%27s+Guide+to+Dishonesty2010-12-09+19%3A11%3A34Jim+Hansonhttp%3A%2F%2Fbigpeace.com%2F%3Fp%3D58049

The worm’s eye view of our diplomatic dithering points out an aspect of diplomacy and US public policy that is worth discussing, LIES! Does our government tell them? Constantly, should they? In some cases, yeah.

Sec. Def. Gates has been quoted lately saying that claims the leaks had done significant damage to our national security were “significantly overwrought.” Now you can say that he was simply deflecting the question as is customary, or you could say that he knows that those leaks have done hugely significant damage to our national security and ability to conduct foreign policy, and so his answer was an official lie. It is not in our interest to have him say “Of course it knees us in the nads.” So he tap dances and occasionally just flat out lies.

http://bigpeace.com/jhanson/2010/12...fficial-government-users-guide-to-dishonesty/

Merry Christmas

eye95

I took the opportunity to read all four of your posts so far. I find no indication that you are here to advocate for or to discuss open carry. Are you here mainly to advocate for liberal ideology? If that is the case, there are many venues more suited to that.

Here at OCDO, we generally discuss open carry. Of course, we stray into other topics (hence the recent creation of the Social Lounge). However, we post here, first and foremost, because we are brought together by the topic of open carry.

When someone immediately starts posting on controversial topics and says nothing about OC, it raises flags. We naturally wonder if we are being trolled by someone trying to stir the pot on a site where he perceives most folks would fundamentally disagree with his ideas.

So, are you an open carrier? Or are you motivated by something else to post here?

Jon Bonavia

Banned
Ron Paul: "Lying is not partiotic"

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

eye95

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Huh?

Again, your reason to be on OPENCARRY.org?

Mlutz

WAVE Executive Director is Jeri Bonavia... This "person" is "Jon Bonavia"... Uh huh...

goforlow

WAVE Executive Director Jeri Bonavia = Jon Bonavia

Please Mr/Mrs Bonavia - take your anti civil rights garbage and leave this site. No one wants you here.

***** to all those on OCDO, I recommend you remove anything you posted in a thread with "Jon Bonavia". This poster is WAVE, and they HATE US!! Anything you say or type WILL be used against us by WAVE!

Nevada carrier

Ban Jon Bonavia

WAVE Executive Director Jeri Bonavia = Jon Bonavia

Please Mr/Mrs Bonavia - take your anti civil rights garbage and leave this site. No one wants you here.

***** to all those on OCDO, I recommend you remove anything you posted in a thread with "Jon Bonavia". This poster is WAVE, and they HATE US!! Anything you say or type WILL be used against us by WAVE!

Vote to ban +1
lolpn.png

jbdm.jpg

Last edited:

eye95

He has done noting yet that is ban-worthy. He bears considerable watching.

--He has not yet posted on the topic of OC.
--He has not engaged in conversations, preferring to "drive by."
--He almost never respond to responses to his posts.

In and of themselves, these are not bannable offenses, however they raise the legitimate question as to why he is here and what he is ultimately up to. Let's just rationally challenge what he says and let him post like we'd let anyone else post, until and unless he does something more obviously trollish or gives up and goes away.

If he never blossoms fully into trollhood while continuing to post, more power to him.

Caveat: I don't believe the restraint will last forever.

Caveat part Deux: I am not yet convinced that he is the person his profile implies that he is.

We have RAS of a trolling, but not PC, and certainly not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

eye95

It is a Wisconsin anti-gun group. Some folks are claiming that this guy is really the leader of the group because he is anti-gun and his screen last name is the same as the real last name of the group's primary mouth.

Others are claiming that he is a shade or a sock-puppet for a member who was banned trying to stir up trouble.

It doesn't matter. What matters is his behavior. While his behavior is, at best, suspicious, he has yet to do anything that I have seen that is ban-worthy. He has added nothing constructive to the site, but is not required to (constructive being rational discussion on OC, even if it is not pro, but con).

He bears watching (and reporting, if he steps over the line), but anything else should be left up to the site staff.

sudden valley gunner

It's usually described as a wind-driven, destructive form of hydraulic action on our nation's shores.

I've also heard it described as a cool, soothing action of water that's fun to surf, but only the former definition depicts a man-made phenomenon.

I see beauty pageant winners, move their hand in a motion described as a wave on floats.

MKEgal

Mlutz said:
WAVE Executive Director is Jeri Bonavia... This "person" is "Jon Bonavia"... Uh huh...

In another thread started by this person (whom some of us suspect lives on an island, but the mods haven't proven that yet) Auric confirmed that Jon is not Jeri, not someone from WAVE, and not someone she knows. She was (as reported) mad that someone was impersonating her.

The person who is unproven as to identity is getting itself in deeper trouble every time s/he uses this name.
Also as pointed out, this person isn't here for the same purpose the rest of us are. S/he is interested in stirring up feces, not discussing open carry.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I've seen the Queen Mother do much the same, but I hold her government's gross anti-firearm rights violations in about the same regard as I do WAVE and a month-old barrel of rotting table scraps.

At least rotting table scraps are biodegrabeable, and thus will make a useful contribution to the biosphere.