Thread: New to Colorado

New to Colorado

Colorado is an open carry state but man do you get weird reactions when you do it. I would have thought they were used to seeing it. Apparently not! Even my landlord said that she was freaked out because I had a gun in the moving truck when I arrived. She didn't say anything to me but called my wife in Ga.?? to complain saying that "it's so quiet here". It didn't dawn on her that I left from Atl. and drove 1500 miles? Still can't get one question answered, if I'm carrying in a holster on my hip but put on a jacket (it gets colder than a Nun on Sunday) is it now concealed? One cop said concealed the opther said not a third said up to the officer! Any help will be appreciated. Being retired with the required fifteen years of LE I can simply qualify on Colorados course and carry concealed (I will for when I travel) in all states but I like open carry!

Hi, shotcop!

Here in Colorado, the method of concealment has no bearing. If I'm open carrying and tie a jacket around my waist, covering my firearm, it's now concealed. Same thing's true if I put on a long coat that covers my firearm - it's concealed.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.