• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever wonder about some inane comments made on this site?

nonameisgood

@OP: yes, I wonder, but I also get a bit of fear when I think back to the old guy in my CHL class (in TX) who really shouldn't have been driving OR carrying a firearm. But that isn't up to me, and he may have thought the same of me.

Dumb people can carry just like smart ones, and as a community we need to help everyone know the rules and abide by some simple restrictions, like "don't shoot your mouth or your gun without knowing what you're doing."

Squeak

Ya ever see how cottage cheese is made? Didn't think so. That's why people eat it. Notice how they try to comoflage it with other food and spices? :lol:

Trigger Dr

Ya ever see how cottage cheese is made? Didn't think so. That's why people eat it. Notice how they try to comoflage it with other food and spices? :lol:

You are right squeak, you have to agree, the bravest man that ever lived was the first one to taste buttermilk.
Mmmmm buttermilk and cornbread soaked with butter and honey.

amlevin

You think cottage cheese is bad, what about sausage? I've got 20# of pork shoulder that will become sausage this afternoon. Italian, Bratwurst, and Kielbasa, all made the old fashioned way, by hand. You just have to separate the processes in your mind. Making it and eating it. What bothers me most is NOT seeing the sausage made that you buy in the store. WHO KNOWS what's in IT! At least the stuff I make is 100% "meat" and not mystery stuff added. No "camouflage" needed with this, just add grill or bbq and a beer.

Cottage cheese on the side isn't bad either without all the "stuff".

joeroket

You think cottage cheese is bad, what about sausage? I've got 20# of pork shoulder that will become sausage this afternoon. Italian, Bratwurst, and Kielbasa, all made the old fashioned way, by hand. You just have to separate the processes in your mind. Making it and eating it. What bothers me most is NOT seeing the sausage made that you buy in the store. WHO KNOWS what's in IT! At least the stuff I make is 100% "meat" and not mystery stuff added. No "camouflage" needed with this, just add grill or bbq and a beer.

Cottage cheese on the side isn't bad either without all the "stuff".

I like to braise mine for an hour or so in a nice skunky german beer and eat it while enjoying a light ale.

amlevin

I like to braise mine for an hour or so in a nice skunky german beer and eat it while enjoying a light ale.

There are two words that aren't often used together, "nice" and "skunky".

If you want something different, try a smoker and put a pan of apple juice in it instead of water.

To keep this "on topic" be sure to Open Carry while doing so and then wait for the "inane" comments from your neighbors.

joeroket

There are two words that aren't often used together, "nice" and "skunky".

If you want something different, try a smoker and put a pan of apple juice in it instead of water.

To keep this "on topic" be sure to Open Carry while doing so and then wait for the "inane" comments from your neighbors.

That sounds good. I'll try that one next time. My backyard is completely fenced and all the neighbors keep to themselves so I shouldn't have a problem with a BBQ/OC combo. :lol:

Squeak

That sounds good. I'll try that one next time. My backyard is completely fenced and all the neighbors keep to themselves so I shouldn't have a problem with a BBQ/OC combo. :lol:
Sounds like an OC meet to me! What is your address? :banana: