Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Anywhere

Activist Member

Anyone Anywhere

I live in boyd county ky, is there any open carry clubs or does ne one just meet and do community services while they open carry?

This could be the right time

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    I live in boyd county ky, is there any open carry clubs or does ne one just meet and do community services while they open carry?

This could be the right time to start up a group in Kentucky
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Activist Member

I agree

Yeah, it would be nice to get several ppl togethor and meet and do things. Get out in the community and share the knowledge that we all have about OCing and such. People always are asking me if "Im a cop", or "Is that legal", and such. We get a bad rap from alot of ppl. We need to show them were all good people. Anybody interested send me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Yeah, it would be nice to get several ppl togethor and meet and do things. Get out in the community and share the knowledge that we all have about OCing and such. People always are asking me if "Im a cop", or "Is that legal", and such. We get a bad rap from alot of ppl. We need to show them were all good people. Anybody interested send me a message.
    Sounds like a great idea. I'll check this thread from time to time to see how it comes along. Being that winter is upon us, it might make for a hard time getting this idea off the ground, unless there are some dedicated locals. I'm about 60 miles away but would still love to see this idea fly!
    Last edited by neuroblades; 12-13-2010 at 02:07 AM.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

I would absolutely attend a get-together or join a superneat OCing clubhouse. But right now, I'm already in the process of spearheading a different KY-based charity initiative, and I'm not quite ambitious enough to try and start a KY OC group right now.

Note to OP: if you're going to get a meeting together, make sure you verify attendance on the forums. I tried to put together an OC meet several months ago, and it failed miserably. Driving an hour and a half to eat by yourself is no fun, so don't be like me! :P

I've already got the facebook group, 144 members so far. I had planned on starting up a website and actually cementing a group together, but I've been too busy to get it off the ground. Maybe we should collaborate and make this happen?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7717862&ref=mf

Activist Member

Sounds good

Well looks like thats 5 of us that is for it, and im sure we could get more. Maybe a few of us could get togethor sometime and go through what we need to do to get this off the ground. Even if it just started with a few of us going out and educating or something would be better then what we have now. Let me know if neone thinks it sounds good.

I'm game!!!

I will definatly like to join and help out! I live in the Nicholasville/Lexington area. I want to educate myself first before I start to go out and tell people the wrong stuff though. But if we can set up meetings to get this planned juust let us know! Thanks!!!

Count me in too!

Ok then, who's up for a lunch meet this weekend?

I could meet up Saturday after I get off at one. I work in G-Town and go to Nicholasville so any place in between or close by would be good for me. If that works name a place and time and I'll be there!

If you have it on Sunday, I'll be there no matter how many hours away it is. I live in Marion County and have a lot of gas.

Sunday is my only day off. It seems like, since just about everything is closed/closes early Sunday, most people probably won't have much to do, so it may be better to plan for Sunday anyway.

Sunday it is!

I could meet Sunday, and would be better anyway. But anyone else wanna chime in to see if we can get a most central location to meet up? And where is Marion Co. anyway? If we are gonna be the only two on Sunday then we could meet halfway. Just need to know the right direction.

Activist Member

im Too late

Havent been able to get on in about a week, its sunday now, so maybe if we can get togethor this weekend, and discuss some things it would be good. Itll give everyone a weeks notice so maybe sat. or sun. I could do either day, we could meet up and see what we can get going. Its time we start educating people of our great state just like the virginia group has done in VA.

Sounds good. I guess I keep jumping the gun on this. But Sundays would actually be best for me as well since it's my only full day off. But just give me a day, time, and place and I'll be there!

I'm glad everyone is down with Sunday. But this coming Sunday being the 26th, the day after Christmas, I'll just be returning from a visit to (ewwwww) Chicago for the holidays. If it's happening this weekend, maybe we could have another one next Sunday?

Just putting that out there-- I'd love to see this OC meet become a regular thing, as consistancy is the best way to get people to come out for it.

Also, Marion County is in the exact center of KY. About an hour and a half (50-60 mi) from Lexington, Louisville, and E-town, about 45 mins from Danville and 30 mins from Campbellsville.

Activist Member

I keep forgeting its already christmas

Yea, maybe this weekend wouldnt be the best time to have a meeting being as everyone will be busy with the holidays, but maybe the following sunday would be better... Would the following sunday be better for you all??

Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfetteredMight View Post
    I've already got the facebook group, 144 members so far. I had planned on starting up a website and actually cementing a group together, but I've been too busy to get it off the ground. Maybe we should collaborate and make this happen?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...7717862&ref=mf
    I also host a Kentucky open carry forum at: http://opencarry.niceboards.net/forum Feel free to post on there.
    Last edited by KYKevin; 12-21-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Where we gonna meet?

So now that we got a date set up what about a place? Get a place set up early so we can get as many people as possible to show up and get the ball rolling!!! Any suggestions?

Activist Member

??

I live in ashland KY, and i believe a couple other ppl that are going to attend do as well, im not familiar with nicholasville, but we could meet up somewhere that isnt too far out of the way for everyone. Any ideas??

Activist Member

Mt. Sterling.

Well Maybe we could meet up in morehead this weekend, and maybe mt. sterling next weekend since there is a gunshow in lexington. Or maybe lexington, i wouldnt mind going to the show. Where is it going to be gutshot?

Here I come

Well I can do Morehead this coming Sunday, Jan 2nd. And if the gunshow permits OC then I say meet up there on the 9th. Plus it would be a good place to inform people on the legal ability to OC in KY. Just my .02 cents for that. But where can we meet in Morehead? I will be coming from just south of Lexington.

The gun shows I've attended in Lexington will allow you to carry openly but the firearm must be wiretied after an inspection by employees of the gunshow . None of my holsters will fit a firearm after being wiretied. I understand their safety concerns but it leaves you almost defenseless if you need to defend yourself. I usually do not carry openly at gunshows for this reason.

Activist Member

anywhere.

We can meet up newhere you all decide in morehead this weekend, im up for newhere, you all just let me know. Preferabley somewhere on 32 close to the 64 exit for ease of finding a place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast