• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Anywhere

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I live in boyd county ky, is there any open carry clubs or does ne one just meet and do community services while they open carry?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I agree

Yeah, it would be nice to get several ppl togethor and meet and do things. Get out in the community and share the knowledge that we all have about OCing and such. People always are asking me if "Im a cop", or "Is that legal", and such. We get a bad rap from alot of ppl. We need to show them were all good people. Anybody interested send me a message.

neuroblades

Yeah, it would be nice to get several ppl togethor and meet and do things. Get out in the community and share the knowledge that we all have about OCing and such. People always are asking me if "Im a cop", or "Is that legal", and such. We get a bad rap from alot of ppl. We need to show them were all good people. Anybody interested send me a message.

Sounds like a great idea. I'll check this thread from time to time to see how it comes along. Being that winter is upon us, it might make for a hard time getting this idea off the ground, unless there are some dedicated locals. I'm about 60 miles away but would still love to see this idea fly!

Last edited:

Tribunal Power

I would absolutely attend a get-together or join a superneat OCing clubhouse. But right now, I'm already in the process of spearheading a different KY-based charity initiative, and I'm not quite ambitious enough to try and start a KY OC group right now.

Note to OP: if you're going to get a meeting together, make sure you verify attendance on the forums. I tried to put together an OC meet several months ago, and it failed miserably. Driving an hour and a half to eat by yourself is no fun, so don't be like me! :p

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Sounds good

Well looks like thats 5 of us that is for it, and im sure we could get more. Maybe a few of us could get togethor sometime and go through what we need to do to get this off the ground. Even if it just started with a few of us going out and educating or something would be better then what we have now. Let me know if neone thinks it sounds good.

autoxr84

I'm game!!!

I will definatly like to join and help out! I live in the Nicholasville/Lexington area. I want to educate myself first before I start to go out and tell people the wrong stuff though. But if we can set up meetings to get this planned juust let us know! Thanks!!!:banana:

autoxr84

I could meet up Saturday after I get off at one. I work in G-Town and go to Nicholasville so any place in between or close by would be good for me. If that works name a place and time and I'll be there!

Tribunal Power

If you have it on Sunday, I'll be there no matter how many hours away it is. I live in Marion County and have a lot of gas. :D

Sunday is my only day off. It seems like, since just about everything is closed/closes early Sunday, most people probably won't have much to do, so it may be better to plan for Sunday anyway.

autoxr84

Sunday it is!

I could meet Sunday, and would be better anyway. But anyone else wanna chime in to see if we can get a most central location to meet up? And where is Marion Co. anyway? If we are gonna be the only two on Sunday then we could meet halfway. Just need to know the right direction. :)

KYGlockster

Activist Member
im Too late

Havent been able to get on in about a week, its sunday now, so maybe if we can get togethor this weekend, and discuss some things it would be good. Itll give everyone a weeks notice so maybe sat. or sun. I could do either day, we could meet up and see what we can get going. Its time we start educating people of our great state just like the virginia group has done in VA.

autoxr84

Sounds good. I guess I keep jumping the gun on this. :banghead: But Sundays would actually be best for me as well since it's my only full day off. But just give me a day, time, and place and I'll be there!

Tribunal Power

I'm glad everyone is down with Sunday. But this coming Sunday being the 26th, the day after Christmas, I'll just be returning from a visit to (ewwwww) Chicago for the holidays. If it's happening this weekend, maybe we could have another one next Sunday?

Just putting that out there-- I'd love to see this OC meet become a regular thing, as consistancy is the best way to get people to come out for it.

Also, Marion County is in the exact center of KY. About an hour and a half (50-60 mi) from Lexington, Louisville, and E-town, about 45 mins from Danville and 30 mins from Campbellsville.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I keep forgeting its already christmas

Yea, maybe this weekend wouldnt be the best time to have a meeting being as everyone will be busy with the holidays, but maybe the following sunday would be better... Would the following sunday be better for you all??

KYKevin

Last edited:

autoxr84

Where we gonna meet?

So now that we got a date set up what about a place? :D Get a place set up early so we can get as many people as possible to show up and get the ball rolling!!! Any suggestions?