• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Anywhere

KYGlockster

Activist Member
??

I live in ashland KY, and i believe a couple other ppl that are going to attend do as well, im not familiar with nicholasville, but we could meet up somewhere that isnt too far out of the way for everyone. Any ideas??

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Mt. Sterling.

Well Maybe we could meet up in morehead this weekend, and maybe mt. sterling next weekend since there is a gunshow in lexington. Or maybe lexington, i wouldnt mind going to the show. Where is it going to be gutshot?

autoxr84

Here I come

Well I can do Morehead this coming Sunday, Jan 2nd. And if the gunshow permits OC then I say meet up there on the 9th. Plus it would be a good place to inform people on the legal ability to OC in KY. Just my .02 cents for that. :D But where can we meet in Morehead? I will be coming from just south of Lexington.

mellio

The gun shows I've attended in Lexington will allow you to carry openly but the firearm must be wiretied after an inspection by employees of the gunshow . None of my holsters will fit a firearm after being wiretied. I understand their safety concerns but it leaves you almost defenseless if you need to defend yourself. I usually do not carry openly at gunshows for this reason.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
anywhere.

We can meet up newhere you all decide in morehead this weekend, im up for newhere, you all just let me know. Preferabley somewhere on 32 close to the 64 exit for ease of finding a place.

Tribunal Power

Is there a Huddle House or some other restaurant in the area? Huddle House has never bothered me while OCing, and I've actually attended other OC meets (different state) at Red Robin before, if that makes a difference. In any event, a restaurant seems like a good place.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
??

i know there is a Mcd. right off of the exit, but if you drive about a mile and a half out there is several more rest., like wendys, i believe there is a chinese rest. there, and a few others, im getting on the web now to look and see what our options are. I was also gonna c if there is a public gun range around somewhere, that wouldnt be bad either.....

autoxr84

Found a Shooting Range

Well I did some research and found a shooting range in DBNF. It is called Clear Creek Shooting Range, but the only directions I found would mean going through Salt Lick which is further from Ashland... And it's an outdoor range, and suppose to be cold... But here are the directions I got from the website...

From Salt Lick, turn right on KY 211, go 3.5 miles to Forest Road 129, turn left and go 2.7 miles past Clear Creek Furnace to Forest Road 909. Turn right on 909, parking will be 1/2 mile on left.

And I am fine with McD. Or Huddle House. Someone make a decision!!! Its two days away!!! :lol: And I have had good experiance with OC in the Huddle House in Lawrenceburg. I havent tried out a McD yet.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Mcdonalds

I would say McDonalds would be the easiest place to find, so lets settle on that if thats allright. Ill be there, and I know auto will be there. Who else plans on attending??? The more the better. I wish it was warm sun. like it was today, but I dont see that happening, b/c a range would be a great meeting place, neways....who else is coming?>

KYGlockster

Activist Member
by the way

I forgot to mention that its the mCdonalds off of the Route 32 exit. If youre driving east bound on 64 you wanna come off the exit and turn right. Turn left if youre coming westbound like myself......just wanted to throw that out there for everybody.....

KYGlockster

Activist Member
lets try this one more time

we are planning on meeting at 12 noon everybody. btw, tuesday the bill to allow kentuckians the right to constitutionaly conceal carry goes b4 the house.....AZ, AK, VT, and Iowa i think already have this....I hope it passes in KY, just one more score for us carriers....

Tribunal Power

Will be coming out from Marion County, provided my wife doesn't throw a fit about me using her car. My plates expired today and I didn't even think about it being a holiday, so we're stuck with one car until next week.

Do you think maybe you could link a GoogleMaps/MapQuest location to where the McD's is? An actual address would be fantastic since I'll be GPSing my way there.

Also, my hopes go out to the Constitutional Carry bill. Sadly, I don't see it getting through. I'm hoping to eat my hat on this one.

Tribunal Power

Son of a...

Ugh... Sorry, guys. I just went through my finances and it looks like I've got about $10 to get me throuigh the week. Christmas hit hard.

I hate to say it but I don't see how I could make it out there. It's about two hours away and I just don't have the money. Believe me, I would be using the last $10 to get out there if it weren't for the wiferage I'd have to put up with. :( Sorry to back out again. Feels awful.

I think I mentioned it before but next week I have a prior engagement that would keep me from being able to attend on the 9th. I really hope this becomes static and we can have meetings every other week or something, and also that my sh*tty luck/timing clears up. ~_~

Sorry again.

autoxr84

It's ok...

Well we see who wears the pants. ;). I'm only kidding. My girlfriend does wear the pants in my relationship. But getting this started is gonna be small and only grow so I know we will see ya soon. But priorities are priorities and we can all understand so no apoligies needed. :D But anyone else that wants to come feel free!

And I guess it will still be a go ahead for the gun show in Lexington next Sunday. But I dont know if I will OC since they ziptie your gun... My holster won't be able to fit it once they do that. But it should be a good place to meet new faces and spread the word! So if anyone wants to start planning for that let's do it!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Gonna meet again everyone

We need to try and have another meet up sometime everyone so we can get some things figured out. Its gonna get warm b4 we know it and we need to be out passing on the knowledge. ?????