• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boyd County Library

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Was wondering if anyone ever heard ne thing from the library or county officials about allowing open carry of our handguns? I checked their website and here is what it says.
7.4. Weapons
7.4.1. Patrons are prohibited from carrying any concealed or dangerous weapon of any sort unless authorized to do so by the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

I know the Kentucky Constitution authorizes us to carry openly in county buildings, I guess this is just a good way to trick people.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Carry in library

Yeah, i open carry everywhere in boyd county, never had any problems yet, was just wondering about the lilbrary, i try and stay current on the laws. I work for the state, and got into a disagreement with a state attorney last week about them. He tried telling a bunch of us that ky wasnt and open carry state, and that a gun in ur vehicle had to be locked and unloaded, or law enforcement would confiscate. Little does he know, but being a lawyer he just knew he was right and i was wrong. I faxed him copies of all the krs chapters on thurs. Havent got a reply back yet, and prolly wont. Just another form of govt and their trickery.

KRM59

What a surprise

Yeah, i open carry everywhere in boyd county, never had any problems yet, was just wondering about the lilbrary, i try and stay current on the laws. I work for the state, and got into a disagreement with a state attorney last week about them. He tried telling a bunch of us that ky wasnt and open carry state, and that a gun in ur vehicle had to be locked and unloaded, or law enforcement would confiscate. Little does he know, but being a lawyer he just knew he was right and i was wrong. I faxed him copies of all the krs chapters on thurs. Havent got a reply back yet, and prolly wont. Just another form of govt and their trickery.

I bet you will never get a reply from Him, Stupidity hates sun light.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Yeah i doubt it

I prolly wont, like you said nobody likes being wrong. Especially attorneys, but I disagree with an attorney working for state govt. giving the wrong info. on constitutional rights. Id say kentucky legislators would like to hear about his information hes giving to kentucky employees. I just love ppl that make stuff up as they go....

neuroblades

yeah, i open carry everywhere in boyd county, never had any problems yet, was just wondering about the lilbrary, i try and stay current on the laws. I work for the state, and got into a disagreement with a state attorney last week about them. He tried telling a bunch of us that ky wasnt and open carry state, and that a gun in ur vehicle had to be locked and unloaded, or law enforcement would confiscate. Little does he know, but being a lawyer he just knew he was right and i was wrong. I faxed him copies of all the krs chapters on thurs. Havent got a reply back yet, and prolly wont. Just another form of govt and their trickery.

kudos! :)