Thread: Whats the "rule" on OCing in Jefferson Mall?

Whats the "rule" on OCing in Jefferson Mall?

Anyone know if you can OC in Jefferson Mall? I haven't seen any no firearms signs yet.

Code of Conduct

Probably only one sign....inside a main entrance, not an anchor store entrance.

I haven't carried there because i don't shop there. But i would venture to say they would most likely hassle you. Check all entrances and see if you find a sign.Even then all they can legally do is ask you to leave.
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by KRM59 View Post
    I haven't carried there because i don't shop there. But i would venture to say they would most likely hassle you. Check all entrances and see if you find a sign.Even then all they can legally do is ask you to leave.
    Or better yet:get ahold of their Mall Security and asked what is their policy.
    Capricorn

I believe that calling ahead is always a bad idea. Their answer will almost always be in the negative. A store will virtually never say, "Sure, come on and bring that gun on over!" Plus, calling and asking seems to be asking permission. I already have my 'permission' to carry, if they don't like it, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by langzaiguy View Post
    I believe that calling ahead is always a bad idea. Their answer will almost always be in the negative. A store will virtually never say, "Sure, come on and bring that gun on over!" Plus, calling and asking seems to be asking permission. I already have my 'permission' to carry, if they don't like it, so be it.
    You are correct and I agree with you 100%! What was I thinking when I posted to call them in advance!
    Capricorn

Don't mean to steal the thread, but I was wondering about the Lexington Greens Mall? I have a meeting there tomorrow in Joseph-Beth's and would like to know if anyone has seen a sign posted anywhere in the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Sample View Post
    You are correct and I agree with you 100%! What was I thinking when I posted to call them in advance!
    *LOL* There ya go!
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal Power View Post
    Don't mean to steal the thread, but I was wondering about the Lexington Greens Mall? I have a meeting there tomorrow in Joseph-Beth's and would like to know if anyone has seen a sign posted anywhere in the mall.
    The last I heard, the Greens are very non-gun friendly! Joseph-Beth seems to be the exact center of this anti-gun sentiment! Of course, if you have CCDW, you could always carry concealed.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    The last I heard, the Greens are very non-gun friendly! Joseph-Beth seems to be the exact center of this anti-gun sentiment! Of course, if you have CCDW, you could always carry concealed.
    You are correct, sir. I had to leave her in the car because I do not yet have my CCDW (took the class, currently drowning in beurocratic waiting periods). There was a sign posted on Jo-Beth's window. A fellow who met me there was CCing, though, and I would have been if I had my CCDW.

This past summer I was in Madisonville for a few days and when I went to their version of a mall it was posted with a no concealed weapons sign. Since I was in a hurry and not looking for a hassle at the time, I just went back and locked it up. However, on my way out I saw a guy OC'ing. So with the sign in place did this mean I was now required to Open Carry?

As far as my understanding, there are no "legally" enforceable signs preventing open or concealed carry in Kentucky. The worst that can happen is that they ask/tell one to leave and one would be required to leave by law.

I personally try not to do business with anti-gun retailers and I always avoid a mall if possible (too easy of a place to be assaulted or a vehicle broken into).
    Last edited by flb_78; 12-13-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    I always avoid a mall if possible (too easy of a place to be assaulted or a vehicle broken into).
    I agree 100% but there are times..... Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    *LOL* There ya go!
    I am a nice person! I just don't like alot of smack talking but since then I calm down and got laid by wife. Lol
    Capricorn

I've been in Jefferson Mall OCing. The girlfriend and I walked right in the entrance by the food court, past what was a mall manager of some kind, and most likely the head of security standing outside. They didn't say anything....but that's because they weren't on my strong side(right).

The girlfriend and I took a right and stopped at one of those center aisle stores to look at some body jewelery for her and she was on my right with our backs towards the direction we just came from. I was expecting a hassle, so I was kinda keeping an eye around.

I'm watching this out of the corner of my eye and sure enough, here they come, they were just walking past...at first. The manager type almost makes it past me and glances over, an astute fellow I have to say, as my girlfriend was standing to my right and I'm sure it wasn't completely visible.

So he walks over and says, "Sir, why do you have that?", "Self defense", I reply. Of course he goes on to say they have an official "No Weapons" policy. I stated that I didn't see a sign(I didn't) and he says, "It's on the wall in the breezeway." .......Yeah, that's a real visible location, morons.

Anyway, the guy working security looked like a cop, I don't know if he was or not. He goes on how I can't bring a weapon in a place with a sign and this starts a whole argument about the sign legalities and numerous other details about firearm laws, that this guy obviously had no idea what he was talking about.

The long and short of it? My girlfriend and I left, took our business elsewhere and Jefferson Mall isn't gun friendly.
    Last edited by UnfetteredMight; 12-13-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    This past summer I was in Madisonville for a few days and when I went to their version of a mall it was posted with a no concealed weapons sign. Since I was in a hurry and not looking for a hassle at the time, I just went back and locked it up. However, on my way out I saw a guy OC'ing. So with the sign in place did this mean I was now required to Open Carry?
    They have since changed those signs to NO WEAPONS. So I only CC in the mall now.