Thread: Date set for meet-n-greet december firearms and fanatics welcome

Date set for meet-n-greet december firearms and fanatics welcome

any objections
    i am on a winter layoff right now so spending for the moment is at a minimal dont order if you dont want to i am probably getting a side and a drink
    west valley is about 45 mins from us we live outside tooele i am not sure where every body is located but i heard of the recent news about open carry in west valley with a big enough group and a pleasant atmosphere it shouldn't be a problem it is also for the most party would think about the middle grounds for most of us here
    there wont be a party room open but i was told that we can have our own part of the dinning room it is a separate bills wish i could afford every one but maybe ill ill hit the lotto next month
    the reservation was for about 25 people i had to guess how many and i wasn't sure of our numbers if we are full up to 25 then i suppose just say your not with the group and mingle on over cant miss us we have guns
    please RSVP (always wanted a reason to say that) so we can get a head count
    and if i want i can change the name to o.c.s.u. open carry society of utah sounds like a school gathering just not sure if they would say no after they hear what we are about some things are better left unmentioned and not asked
    "best shooting gun is the gun you shoot best" tony mar

Campaign Veteran

Unhappy

What, no Ice Skating???
    Last edited by packingmama; 12-12-2010 at 05:29 AM.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

I had a difficult time reading your post. Please drop some punctuation and capitalization in there where appropriate. The other issue is, I might just not be seeing it, but I don't see a location where you want to meet up.

Centurion
    Yep, What Jarhead said.... LOL

Little things liike:

When
    Where
    What time

Don't you just hate going off half cocked?

west valley golden corral, at 7:00 pm, on weds the 15th of December

This location (according to Google maps) is within 1000 feet of a school, so a CCP is required if you are carrying.
    It is right across the street from West Lake JR.
    Last edited by kdt1970; 12-13-2010 at 03:51 PM.

What about the Golden Corral on 7200 South at about 700 East? Anyone know if that is in a GFSZ.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Kk if some one can find one that is outside of the 1000' of a school let us know ASAP

This one might be ok? I dont see anything on google maps.
    8860 Redwood Rd, West Jordan, UT

This one appears to be to close to Hillcrest High.
    7200 South at about 700 East
    Last edited by kdt1970; 12-13-2010 at 10:18 PM.

This is not as the crow flies

i googled the two addresses they are 6.11 miles away im sure that is well past your 334 yards you need to be from hilcrest high school
    i dont know the area im not from this state they may be other schools in between them

we will move the wendsday 7:00pm meeting from the west valley location to the golden corall in west Jordan at 8860 Redwood Rd, West Jordan, UT at 7:00 pm unless any one can find anything out about the schools

Campaign Veteran
    West Jordan looks good to me!
    As far as the Ice Center at the Gallivan Center goes there is a school right within the limits. Sorry
    You could always carry an empty holster!
    That is if people would still want to go, I only counted 1 vote. Of course it would be a different night so there is no competition.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

Rsvp

This is my RSVP for Wednesday evening (12-15-10) at the Golden Corral on Redwood Road in West Jordan.

Jim
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

the reservations are under powell

hey all i hope to see you this evening at 7:00 PM at the west jordan golden corral
    if you need directions you can find them on the golden corral website
    the reservations are under Powell

Thumbs up

See you tonight!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

thank you all for coming it was very nice to get out for the evening and spend time with people that are older than 3
    i learned lots this evening and cant wait to do it again maybe after the holidays settle down
    i do apologize for any lack of manners on my part we are from THE HILLS and very rarely get out to civilization and also for any adolescence this pup still gots lots to learn about firearms (even though some times i think i know it all)
    my wife and i had a great time thank you

Cool Fun

I enjoyed meeting you and your wife and also the others in attendance. The meet-n-greet, although small, was a lot of fun and best of all, a lot of information was exchanged. Thanks for persevering and organizing it.