• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Date set for meet-n-greet december firearms and fanatics welcome

k31

any objections
i am on a winter layoff right now so spending for the moment is at a minimal dont order if you dont want to i am probably getting a side and a drink
west valley is about 45 mins from us we live outside tooele i am not sure where every body is located but i heard of the recent news about open carry in west valley with a big enough group and a pleasant atmosphere it shouldn't be a problem it is also for the most party would think about the middle grounds for most of us here
there wont be a party room open but i was told that we can have our own part of the dinning room it is a separate bills wish i could afford every one but maybe ill ill hit the lotto next month
the reservation was for about 25 people i had to guess how many and i wasn't sure of our numbers if we are full up to 25 then i suppose just say your not with the group and mingle on over cant miss us we have guns
please RSVP (always wanted a reason to say that) so we can get a head count
and if i want i can change the name to o.c.s.u. open carry society of utah sounds like a school gathering just not sure if they would say no after they hear what we are about some things are better left unmentioned and not asked

UtahJarhead

I had a difficult time reading your post. Please drop some punctuation and capitalization in there where appropriate. :( The other issue is, I might just not be seeing it, but I don't see a location where you want to meet up.

kdt1970

This location (according to Google maps) is within 1000 feet of a school, so a CCP is required if you are carrying.
It is right across the street from West Lake JR.

Last edited:

k31

Kk if some one can find one that is outside of the 1000' of a school let us know ASAP

kdt1970

This one might be ok? I dont see anything on google maps.
8860 Redwood Rd, West Jordan, UT

This one appears to be to close to Hillcrest High.
7200 South at about 700 East

Last edited:

k31

This is not as the crow flies

i googled the two addresses they are 6.11 miles away im sure that is well past your 334 yards you need to be from hilcrest high school
i dont know the area im not from this state they may be other schools in between them

we will move the wendsday 7:00pm meeting from the west valley location to the golden corall in west Jordan at 8860 Redwood Rd, West Jordan, UT at 7:00 pm unless any one can find anything out about the schools

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
West Jordan looks good to me!
As far as the Ice Center at the Gallivan Center goes there is a school right within the limits. Sorry :(
You could always carry an empty holster! ;)
That is if people would still want to go, I only counted 1 vote. Of course it would be a different night so there is no competition. :)

k31

the reservations are under powell

hey all i hope to see you this evening at 7:00 PM at the west jordan golden corral
if you need directions you can find them on the golden corral website
the reservations are under Powell

k31

thank you all for coming it was very nice to get out for the evening and spend time with people that are older than 3
i learned lots this evening and cant wait to do it again maybe after the holidays settle down
i do apologize for any lack of manners on my part we are from THE HILLS and very rarely get out to civilization :) and also for any adolescence this pup still gots lots to learn about firearms (even though some times i think i know it all)
my wife and i had a great time thank you

jpm84092

Fun

I enjoyed meeting you and your wife and also the others in attendance. The meet-n-greet, although small, was a lot of fun and best of all, a lot of information was exchanged. Thanks for persevering and organizing it.