• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit police have nothing better to do

bb

My wife stopped to give a homeless person a donation and the Dpd stop her and give her a ticket for impedeing traffic. but the police can stand at intersections and collect donations for what ever cause and impede all the traffic they wish, what a crock of sh##

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

bb

was she at all blocking traffic?

she was on service dr coming up to a light , the person was at the light on the corner with a sign the light was green and she stopped long enough for the person to come to her window to get the money

Beerme

Banned
she was on service dr coming up to a light , the person was at the light on the corner with a sign the light was green and she stopped long enough for the person to come to her window to get the money

so yes?
she was stopped at a light to do something else.
in my opinion just as dumb as the people who eat, read, text, or put on makeup while driving or sitting at a light.

Last edited:

bb

so yes?
in my opinion just as dumb as the people who eat, read, text, or put on makeup while driving or sitting at a light.

u tell me that u never drunk water, scratch your nu# or nothing while driving and i will say u are full of sh##

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
so yes?

Okay Beerme the law is the law but - by using your rational here, if I see a little old lady broke down in traffic and I put my hazards lights on and push her out of traffic to the safety of the shoulder I should be ticketed? Dude seriously, I know you pride yourself on being a cool customer but have a heart sometimes, right? By the way, in case no one else says it to you MERRY X-MAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU SIR! :)

Beerme

Banned
Okay Beerme the law is the law but - by using your rational here, if I see a little old lady broke down in traffic and I put my hazards lights on and push her out of traffic to the safety of the shoulder I should be ticketed? Dude seriously, I know you pride yourself on being a cool customer but have a heart sometimes, right? By the way, in case no one else says it to you MERRY X-MAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU SIR! :)

do not celebrate xmas but will be celebrating new years eve.

there is a difference between giving a bum money and helping an old lady whos car broke down.

stainless1911

Banned
Dont worry about him bossbart he's always pulling some crap like that around here. You are right, and so was your wife. I'll never forget how it felt when I was homeless, and someone did that for me. What comes around goes around.

budlight

My wife stopped to give a homeless person a donation and the Dpd stop her and give her a ticket for impedeing traffic. but the police can stand at intersections and collect donations for what ever cause and impede all the traffic they wish, what a crock of sh##

Unfortunately Detroit PD is a corrupt department with very low standards. While there are some good cops on the job who are out there to make a difference in their community, the over whelming majority should not be in the position they are in. Detroit has one of the lowest hiring standards in Michigan and probably one of the lowest in the country. They have no problem hiring somebody with a questionable background verses someone who has a clean criminal history, as long as the candidate fits a diversity quota. These same hiring practices go on through out the city, this is one of the reasons Detroit is in the shape it is in.

kryptonian

the help the homeless scene there could also be the bait to get you to stop and roll your window down with your money out too.robbers work in teams like that.

Michigun

If the PD's union has filed for a peddlers permit, it is legal to stand and collect for the days filed. (just sayin).

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

while i agree with the idea of helping out a homeless person your wife actually put herself into danger. a homeless person begging for change is a great pretext for a mugging or car jacking. and i whole heartedly agree that a ticket for doing that is absolute BULLS**t fight the ticket, i don't see you loseing in court.

stainless1911

Banned
That's a common misconception, much like many that we as gunowners face. Sure we could pull a gun and kill someone, but we don't. There is the exception like Ft. Hood, but we just don't behave that way. Homeless people tend to be the same way, its a human nature issue really. There are contributing factors to homelessness such as drug and alcohol abuse, or mental illness, but they just don't go around hurting people that are trying to help them. They are typically too busy trying to survive, and maintaining a lower profile, partly to avoid LEO attention, partly due to feeling inadequate or dirty. Most of the time if you help them, they feel towards you like you are above and beyond other people that they might otherwise try to use in one form or another.

ETA, that wasnt pointed at you bud.

Last edited:

cabman1

do not celebrate xmas but will be celebrating new years eve.

there is a difference between giving a bum money and helping an old lady whos car broke down.

Haven't you ever heard of paying it forward?????
Beerme your to old to act like such a jackass... Karmas gonna kick you square in the face one day!!!

One day you might be the bum on the corner hoping someone will help you??

Last edited: