• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive Open Carry encounter at Lowes

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I was open carrying at Lowes this evening, a half hour ago, Glock 17 in a Fobus holster. I needed an eyebolt for a project, and was standing at the checkout line, with one couple ahead of me. The gentleman had on a Navy t-shirt and a blued 5 shot shrouded hammer revolver in a nice leather pancake holster.

I politely asked if it was a Smith or a Taurus, as I could not easily tell. He answered, "A Smith", and I said I was partial to Glocks myself and turned so that he could see my Glock. This started a productive conversation where we found we had very similar political beliefs, and even some friends in common, but had never socialized! I introduced him to opencarry.org and suggested that he visit the forums.

I hope that we gain a new member from this encounter.