Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: A Real need to carry a gun, and it saved a life!

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    57

    A Real need to carry a gun, and it saved a life!

    I know this did not happen here in Wisconsin, it was actually in Alaska. But with all of the Cougars that have been sighted here in Wisconsin I am sure something similar could happen here. Thank God this guy was armed even though he was sleeping.
    I will have to show you in several posts so I can include all of the pictures.
    Caution these are very graphic and may not be for some viewers.
    Last edited by Crassus; 12-12-2010 at 01:02 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    57

    Anyone for a camping trip?

    Polar Bear Attack in the High Arctic

    This is from up in the NWT, this chap is lucky to be alive. The guy survived the bear attack. The bear jumped on him while he was sleeping in his tent and he managed to get it off of him and shoot it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camping 1.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	4774  

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    57

    One tough camper!

    This man has got to be the luckiest man alive!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camping 2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	4775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camping 3.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	4776  

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    57

    This is unbelievable.

    It hurts just to look at it.

    This is call a see-through foot.. Polar bears are the top predator in the North American continent.

    KINDA MAKES YA WANT TO STAY AT HOME AND HIDE UNDER THE BED

    Or Make sure you are always armed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camping 4.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	4777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camping 5.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	4778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camping 6.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	4779  

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my pick up truck
    Posts
    73
    OMG! I am never going camping again!
    Yuck I think I threw up in my mouth.
    Last edited by Tweety; 12-12-2010 at 01:31 AM.

  6. #6
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668
    Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.
    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  7. #7
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    It hurts just to look at it.

    This is call a see-through foot.
    During the attack, it looks as though he shot himself, or someone else shot him just above the ankle.

  8. #8
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Polar bears are the top predator in the North American continent.

    KINDA MAKES YA WANT TO STAY AT HOME AND HIDE UNDER THE BED
    OR

    Don't take a canvas tent into polar bear country without someone keeping watch through the night.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    OR

    Don't take a canvas tent into polar bear country without someone keeping watch through the night.
    Or at least invest in a bear fence. Don't laugh, they are available. it's a small portable electric fence that goes around the tent. I've seen them.

  10. #10
    Regular Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    349
    I've seen some of these pic's before, What cal. did he use on the bear that shot the ass off ? The hole the the ankle was a gunshot in a different article,and bear attack with the guy who's all scared up.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

  11. #11
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Remember:

    That you can shoot little critters with a big gun.
    It isnt wise to shoot big critters with a little gun.

    Carry a BIG gun.

    LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    During the attack, it looks as though he shot himself, or someone else shot him just above the ankle.
    No he didn't shoot himself in the foot. If you look closely at the foot picture you can see fang marks at the top of the wound. No blood on the bears face other than from eating this guy, so he obviously didn't shoot him in the face.
    Last edited by Crassus; 12-12-2010 at 03:10 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    No he didn't shoot himself in the foot. If you look closely at the foot picture you can see fang marks at the top of the wound. No blood on the bears face other than from eating this guy, so he obviously didn't shoot him in the face.
    Why is the bear's left rump and leg missing ? also I remember the ankle pic of some guy who got shot.and the guy with the tore up back in a different bear attack email afew years ago.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    Why is the bear's left rump and leg missing ? also I remember the ankle pic of some guy who got shot.and the guy with the tore up back in a different bear attack email afew years ago.

    You could be right Littlewolf, it was passed on to me by a friend and I am not sure where he got it from or when he got it. Either way the point is still there. You just never know when you might need to defend yourself. I guess I would rather have a gun with me and not need it then to need it and not have it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    I've seen some of these pic's before, What cal. did he use on the bear that shot the ass off ? The hole the the ankle was a gunshot in a different article,and bear attack with the guy who's all scared up.
    To me, it looked like they started to quarter it, before they thought, "Oh ****, we forgot to take a picture"

  16. #16
    Regular Member Beretta-m9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    To me, it looked like they started to quarter it, before they thought, "Oh ****, we forgot to take a picture"
    there's a hole in it, how does that look quarterd ? lol

  17. #17
    Regular Member Ivan Sample's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    Remember:

    That you can shoot little critters with a big gun.
    It isnt wise to shoot big critters with a little gun.

    Carry a BIG gun.

    LR Yote
    You are damn correct on this one!
    Capricorn

  18. #18
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Sample View Post
    You are damn correct on this one!
    Thank You, But actually that aint mine.I got that from my Uncle...A Coastie,
    who was stationed in Alaska and worked an ice breaker.

    LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  19. #19
    Regular Member Ivan Sample's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    Thank You, But actually that aint mine.I got that from my Uncle...A Coastie,
    who was stationed in Alaska and worked an ice breaker.

    LR Yote
    Give thanks to your uncle for me!
    Capricorn

  20. #20
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Sample View Post
    Give thanks to your uncle for me!
    Will do, next time I visit his grave. Brain tumor,10 years ago.

    He really loved Alaska.
    He was able to snag the hand carved charting table top
    from the icebreaker he worked when it was refitted.
    I am goin to refinish and clear resin it.It will look pretty cool and about
    a mile deep when I finish with it.

    LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  21. #21
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta-m9 View Post
    there's a hole in it, how does that look quarterd ? lol
    ?????

    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    Why is the bear's left rump and leg missing ?
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    What cal. did he use on the bear that shot the ass off ?
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    To me, it looked like they started to quarter it, before they thought, "Oh ****, we forgot to take a picture"

  22. #22
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Or at least invest in a bear fence. Don't laugh, they are available. it's a small portable electric fence that goes around the tent. I've seen them.
    Does it shock em' or set off an alarm?

  23. #23
    Regular Member littlewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    You could be right Littlewolf, it was passed on to me by a friend and I am not sure where he got it from or when he got it. Either way the point is still there. You just never know when you might need to defend yourself. I guess I would rather have a gun with me and not need it then to need it and not have it.
    10-4 on having a gun when out in the boonies I was stationed up there for 2 years,did not go into the bush or Anchorage without the .44 . I personally know 2 guys who had to shoot a bear while salmon fishing on the King Salmon River and just had to show mine to a jerk with a knife in Anchorage.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown WI
    Posts
    9
    I was up in the U.P. snowmobiling this last weekend and was talking to a local at the bar. A trail groomer was grooming when his machine broke down and he had to walk. As he was walking, he had 4 wolves actually corner him. Good thing he had a gun, as he had to shoot one. The rest took off. Im sure it saved his life.

    On a related note, I saw a wolf running down the trail on Sunday. I got about 25 yards away before it darted into the woods.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •