• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Real need to carry a gun, and it saved a life!

Crassus

Banned
I know this did not happen here in Wisconsin, it was actually in Alaska. But with all of the Cougars that have been sighted here in Wisconsin I am sure something similar could happen here. Thank God this guy was armed even though he was sleeping.
I will have to show you in several posts so I can include all of the pictures.
Caution these are very graphic and may not be for some viewers.

Last edited:

Crassus

Banned
Anyone for a camping trip?

Polar Bear Attack in the High Arctic

This is from up in the NWT, this chap is lucky to be alive. The guy survived the bear attack. The bear jumped on him while he was sleeping in his tent and he managed to get it off of him and shoot it

Attachments

• Camping 1.jpg
    Camping 1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 166

Crassus

Banned
One tough camper!

This man has got to be the luckiest man alive!

Attachments

• Camping 2.jpg
    Camping 2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Camping 3.jpg
    Camping 3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 178

Crassus

Banned
This is unbelievable.

It hurts just to look at it.

This is call a see-through foot.. Polar bears are the top predator in the North American continent.

KINDA MAKES YA WANT TO STAY AT HOME AND HIDE UNDER THE BED

Or Make sure you are always armed.

Attachments

• Camping 4.jpg
    Camping 4.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Camping 5.jpg
    Camping 5.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 149
  • Camping 6.jpg
    Camping 6.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 175

littlewolf

I've seen some of these pic's before, What cal. did he use on the bear that shot the ass off ? The hole the the ankle was a gunshot in a different article,and bear attack with the guy who's all scared up.

LR Yote 312

Remember:

That you can shoot little critters with a big gun.
It isnt wise to shoot big critters with a little gun.

Carry a BIG gun.

LR Yote

Crassus

Banned
During the attack, it looks as though he shot himself, or someone else shot him just above the ankle.

No he didn't shoot himself in the foot. If you look closely at the foot picture you can see fang marks at the top of the wound. No blood on the bears face other than from eating this guy, so he obviously didn't shoot him in the face.

Last edited:

littlewolf

No he didn't shoot himself in the foot. If you look closely at the foot picture you can see fang marks at the top of the wound. No blood on the bears face other than from eating this guy, so he obviously didn't shoot him in the face.

Why is the bear's left rump and leg missing ? also I remember the ankle pic of some guy who got shot.and the guy with the tore up back in a different bear attack email afew years ago.

Crassus

Banned
Why is the bear's left rump and leg missing ? also I remember the ankle pic of some guy who got shot.and the guy with the tore up back in a different bear attack email afew years ago.

You could be right Littlewolf, it was passed on to me by a friend and I am not sure where he got it from or when he got it. Either way the point is still there. You just never know when you might need to defend yourself. I guess I would rather have a gun with me and not need it then to need it and not have it.

BROKENSPROKET

I've seen some of these pic's before, What cal. did he use on the bear that shot the ass off ? The hole the the ankle was a gunshot in a different article,and bear attack with the guy who's all scared up.

To me, it looked like they started to quarter it, before they thought, "Oh ****, we forgot to take a picture"

LR Yote 312

Give thanks to your uncle for me!

Will do, next time I visit his grave. Brain tumor,10 years ago.

He really loved Alaska.
He was able to snag the hand carved charting table top
from the icebreaker he worked when it was refitted.
I am goin to refinish and clear resin it.It will look pretty cool and about
a mile deep when I finish with it.

LR Yote