• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Shops for Used Guns? (Puget Sound Area)

FMCDH

DJ's Loan and Sport in downtown Bothell.

You can find their info though Google.

They are one of my favorite family owned to visit, and the nearest gun store to me.

Tho their prices are not super great (like Mary's Pistols in Tacoma), they sure beat the hell out of Discount Guns Sales, which despite the name, are priced to have no resemblance of being "discounted" at all.

I used to do all my FFL transfers though DJ's until they recently upped their fee for the 3rd time in a year (currently $45), and added on a heavy up-charge for any gun over $500. Still, pretty friendly folks and a good selection of new and used. Lots of consignment.

Last edited:

Ruby

Ben's Loan in downtown Renton. New and used guns, long guns as well as pistols and revolvers. I bought all 3 of my guns there. Friendly knowledgeable people. They also have lots of ammo, gun accessories, safes, etc. Better prices than the ranges on just about everything. OC friendly.

amlevin

Kesselring's, North of Mt. Vernon has a large selection of long guns. All are in excellent condition as the owner is picky. They don't have tons of room so he just takes in the best of the bunch. Also are a good source for "Law Enforcement Trade-Ins". Good patrol shotguns, patrol rifles, pistol's, traded in on department upgrades. Lots of pistols from private parties too. If you don't see it in the case, their people will scour the "basement" as well. For years they have bought "estates" so there are some real finds there.

Definitely worth the drive if you're looking for selection.

Lovenox

What happens to weapons confiscated through drug raids, et al...are they destroyed or does the governement auction them off?

Bo

Often held for years in evidence rooms, but normally destroyed in batches.

If you're looking for used guns in the Bremerton area, you don't really need to make Boerner's (Gorst) or Dave's (Loans on Callow) regular stops ... Boerner's gets the occasional nugget, but they don't seem flexible on pricing (of used pieces) and typically seem to be asking at least 50 bucks or more than you will see private sellers asking for ... Dave's -- well, their prices are often plain silly, even if you can find the occasional use gun in good shape (although, to be fair, I did score a terrific stainless S&W revolver there, albeit at about 50 buck more than I thought it was worth).

As noted previously, Mary's Pistols in T-town is always worth a stop (great people) and Kessilring's up north is worth the drive if you're in the market for long guns -- go on a weekday, though!

Cabela's (Lacey) used gun prices are ridiculous, although if you find something you've just gotta have, the selection isn't too bad. Bullseye in Tacoma sometimes gets a nice used handgun in, but their markup is generally well above Blue Book or Schwing's prices, too.

joeroket

What happens to weapons confiscated through drug raids, et al...are they destroyed or does the governement auction them off?

Depends on the statutory requirements of that jurisdiction. For example in Marysville they can use them for police business, they can sell them through a dealer, or they can destroy them. Seattle is under direction to only destroy them if I remember correctly.

Lovenox

As noted previously, Mary's Pistols in T-town is always worth a stop (great people) and Kessilring's up north is worth the drive if you're in the market for long guns -- go on a weekday, though!

Do they allow OC in thier store?

Cabela's (Lacey) used gun prices are ridiculous, although if you find something you've just gotta have, the selection isn't too bad.

I know, I know. Saw a Marlin .22 tube fed in thier for $175 it wasn't in bad shape and it had a nice scope on it, but I wouldn't pay that amount for it.

Bo

lovenox asked
Oh, yeah, Mary's for sure. You'll find that Dan and Mary are as vigorous supporters of your 2nd Amendment rights as you'll find anywhere ... Dunno about Kessilrings; they've had some curmudgeons working in that store, but I haven't been there in a while ...

Last edited:

amlevin

lovenox asked
Oh, yeah, Mary's for sure. You'll find that Dan and Mary are as vigorous supporters of your 2nd Amendment rights as you'll find anywhere ... Dunno about Kessilrings; they've had some curmudgeons working in that store, but I haven't been there in a while ...

Kesselring's has a sign on the door that merely says keep it holstered if its a ccw firearm and all others must be unloaded.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Cabela's (Lacey) used gun prices are ridiculous, although if you find something you've just gotta have, the selection isn't too bad.

I know, I know. Saw a Marlin .22 tube fed in thier for $175 it wasn't in bad shape and it had a nice scope on it, but I wouldn't pay that amount for it.

Mary's not only allows OC in their store, the host our pamphlets.

Federal Way Discount has great prices but the used selection is hit and miss... the best used selection I've seen so far is Wades in Bellevue, but they can be pricey.

Federal Way DG does have great prices.

lovenox asked

Kesselring's has a sign on the door that merely says keep it holstered if its a ccw firearm and all others must be unloaded.

I have found that most, if not all, ask that your loaded sidearm remain in it's holster.

sudden valley gunner

I OC in there all the time I live right down the road from them. Great guys never had a problem, not always the best price but they usually have what you want.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
What are good shops to window shop for used firearms, especially handguns? I like to look for the occasional old diamond in the rough.

I know you live in Gig Harbor, but if you want to make the trip up north, I second DJ's Loan and Sport. Huge selection of used and barely used handguns. Great place to "window shop" and decent prices. Very nice people, family owned as mentioned above. Used to be mostly a small pawn shop that had a nice selection of guns. Now mostly a large and expanded gun shop with a small shelf of non-gun pawn items.

I've been buying and selling there for 20 years or so. Mostly buying..............

Located just west of the fire department and post office, and just east of Main and 104th.