• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confusing explanation

Hardwater

Lawyer stuff I guess but what does this mean pertaining to clark county? Found this in the maps section

Nevada is a traditional open carry state with complete state preemption of firearms laws. However, Clark County is grandfathered so as to continue a "Deadly Weapons" registration scheme. Fortunately, Nevada law exempts travelers to and through Nevada from these registration requirements for 60 days.

What is it explaining about clark county and complete state preemption.

Thanks for the explanation

Nevada carrier

no town, city, county or subdivision thereof my make enact or enforce any ordinances of their own pertaining to firearms except for regulation of the unsafe discharge of firearms. counties with a population of 400,000 or more my require registration of firearms.

With the exception of registration in Clark County the only laws that are enforceable are State laws. Though some officials are trying their damnedest to circumvent this at every opportunity, Even the Nevada Attorney General.