Thread: AZ Homicide rates drop

Regular Member the last gunfighter's Avatar

AZ Homicide rates drop

Found this story on a site I go to called freedomtorch.com

http://www.crimefilenews.com/2010/12...all-after.html

Centurion
    Gee, Imagine that!

Weird. You would think the threat of being shot would make criminals want to take more risks.... Crime should be going up, just ask the Bradys...

I'd like to hold out on judgment for now until we have a longer timeline to pull crime statistics from. Afterall, Chicago's gun-ban "worked" for the first couple of years after the ban was in effect. There was a neat little graph someone had posted that I can't find now

Now how can that be? According to the libs I've wasted time talking to one is MORE likely to be attacked by a criminal if one is armed! "I'm unarmed, therefore criminals have no reason to attack me" sayeth a libtard I once talked to. I just shook my head and walked away.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Huh, who woulda thunk?
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

From the article: "Is the drop in murders related to the abolishment of restrictive gun laws? Have Arizonaís cowardly criminals reacted to the real risk that their potential victims can and do carry weapons for self-defense?"

Is the writer asking, or merely begging the question?

From the article: "The nationís gun control advocates have lost all of their credibility after all but a few states have clung to their failed crime-enabling policies to keep victims unarmed."

I think he meant to say "...after all but a few states have abandoned their failed crime-enabling policies..."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    http://www.fallacyfiles.org/begquest.html

Alias:

* Circular Argument
    * Circulus in Probando
    * Petitio Principii
    * Vicious Circle

Waterfall
    Etymology:

The phrase "begging the question", or "petitio principii" in Latin, refers to the "question" in a formal debateóthat is, the issue being debated. In such a debate, one side may ask the other side to concede certain points in order to speed up the proceedings. To "beg" the question is to ask that the very point at issue be conceded, which is of course illegitimate.