• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ Homicide rates drop

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Weird. You would think the threat of being shot would make criminals want to take more risks.... Crime should be going up, just ask the Bradys...

onlurker

I'd like to hold out on judgment for now until we have a longer timeline to pull crime statistics from. Afterall, Chicago's gun-ban "worked" for the first couple of years after the ban was in effect. There was a neat little graph someone had posted that I can't find now :uhoh:

Huck

Now how can that be? According to the libs I've wasted time talking to one is MORE likely to be attacked by a criminal if one is armed! "I'm unarmed, therefore criminals have no reason to attack me" sayeth a libtard I once talked to. I just shook my head and walked away.

since9

Campaign Veteran
From the article: "Is the drop in murders related to the abolishment of restrictive gun laws? Have Arizona’s cowardly criminals reacted to the real risk that their potential victims can and do carry weapons for self-defense?"

Is the writer asking, or merely begging the question?

From the article: "The nation’s gun control advocates have lost all of their credibility after all but a few states have clung to their failed crime-enabling policies to keep victims unarmed."

I think he meant to say "...after all but a few states have abandoned their failed crime-enabling policies..."

eye95

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/begquest.html

Alias:

* Circular Argument
* Circulus in Probando
* Petitio Principii
* Vicious Circle

Waterfall
Etymology:

The phrase "begging the question", or "petitio principii" in Latin, refers to the "question" in a formal debate—that is, the issue being debated. In such a debate, one side may ask the other side to concede certain points in order to speed up the proceedings. To "beg" the question is to ask that the very point at issue be conceded, which is of course illegitimate.