• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego UOC meet for Dec 20-30?

jecsd1

Hey all, I will be visiting family in SD during those days and would love to come by your meet up and say hello. Any word where it will be?

Jason

Last edited:

Firemark

Mondays are the usual meet day however location has not been set for 20th or 27th yet, stay tuned.

Iopencarry

Jason,

Welcome to CA. you will have a good time in SD. Sam is a kick.

Just a couple notes, that I am sure you know but must remind you..

10 round mags only
open carry both gun and mags on belt, thigh holsters are ok
Watch out for Gun Free School Zones. 1000' from any k-12 public or private school.

Dale
CCOC

Firemark

Jason,

Welcome to CA. you will have a good time in SD. Sam is a kick.

Just a couple notes, that I am sure you know but must remind you..

10 round mags only
open carry both gun and mags on belt, thigh holsters are ok
Watch out for Gun Free School Zones. 1000' from any k-12 public or private school.

Dale
CCOC

Not exactly correct, one is guilty of a crime if one imports or purchases a magazine of greater than 10 rounds in the state of California. If the magazines were owned and continually resided in California before the High capacity band went into effect, 01/01/2000. please see link to this thread

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=124709&page=18

Now if you lived in CA before 2000 and purchased high capacity mags and stored them in a safe deposit box here in the state anticipating your return, then id be impressed.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Iopencarry

Firemark,

your splitting hairs and playing with the laws. While you are correct, it goes far deeper then a person on vacation needs to or wants to worry about.

YES, I know the laws, and do not have a problem with it if someone wants to carry a large cap mag. I know it is up to the PD to prove you had them after the ban, not before. etc. etc...

However, I was talking to a person from out of state, coming in for a holiday vacation with his family. He does not need to worry about the fine details. He is on vaca, and does not want to worry about being hassled by any LEO that wants to make a name.

My answers are always pointed at the specific person or question that has been asked, or any problem that I might see that could come up.

If he wants more info, he can ask for it, and it will be given freely. To the best of my knowledge. Or I will point out where the info can be found.
If I do not know the answer, I can at least say so and point in the right direction.

Dale
CCOC

jecsd1

thanks for the info. Since I will be on vaca and not wanting to get into any trouble it's doubtful that I will be UOCing while there. I wold love to come by and chat with some like minded folks though. Please keep me informed of any meets.

I have family in SD, OC and LA counties and am honestly frightened for the state of affairs there. I had hope for the Peruta hearing but it appears that was unfounded. Don't underestimate the 9th circuit I guess, right?!

Keep up the good fight

Firemark

@Dale- apologies if I ruffled your feathers, just pointing out that he will for sure see Californians with high capacity Mags OC'ing. Figured this would answer his question.

Trying to make a funny about our totally sane intelligent laws her in PRK. Thats what I see the head banging icon as :banghead::banghead::banghead:

jecsd1

I am originally from La Habra, CA but have been living in TX for about 4 years now. I currently live about 30 miles north of Austin.

I went to college in San Marcos (north SD county), and my in-laws live in Rancho Penesquitos. The wife and I go back to CA about once a year to visit. Hoping for the day when my TX CHL will be legit in CA, but not holding my breath.