• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Theseus

March Hare

Thanks for all the kind words. . . And when I win my appeal I will be expecting to come back and getting a gun and a CCW from every state I can. Ha ha.

Good luck!
Usually an extension is just to drag things out and cost you more money, sorry to hear about that!

When you come back, come to AZ where you can carry any way that makes you happy, I'll buy you a cold one!
-MH

Last edited:

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
Good luck!
Usually an extension is just to drag things out and cost you more money, sorry to hear about that!

When you come back, come to AZ where you can carry any way that makes you happy, I'll buy you a cold one!
-MH

I don't believe this is entirely true. As I understand, the lawyer pays the job.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
DA requested another 30 day extension.

"In theory, these rules [of criminal procedure] provide an accused with avenues to defend himself. But one can judge a scheme of procedural rules by its fruits,..." Dr. Roger Roots.

This is actually a very recent article. Although Dr. Roots is discussing Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, I think his information is on-point here.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/roots5.1.1.html

oc4ever

All the money in the pot poker

Seems like the LA Da's office is going for a "all in" pot poker game with a ruling making legal precedent. This has the makings of either gutting the GFSZ law (and most importantly Theseus's overturned conviction), or greatly expanding the length private property can be controlled by the government. For a misdemeanor case, it is drawing quite a bit of resources from the DA's office. Too bad Theseus gets to swing in the wind while this is underway. All the crappy rulings denying clear evidence to the jury about the private property signs was bad enough , but declaring private property public property in defiance of the clear wording of the statute was awful. This should prove to be very interesting. Does anyone have the case number of the appeal so it can be viewed online?