• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Redondo Beach PD E-Checks on Day after Peruta Decision

CenTex

After the encounter the officers came over to our table at Turners and talked with everyone else there for a few minutes, performing no further e-checks.
Believe me, they were looking for something to hang on you guys. You guys need to learn that police officers are not there to make your day. It is their job to find out if you are breaking the law and snap the cuffs on you when they do. Learn to keep quiet or else keep talking about the weather.

Last edited:

CenTex

I can't even imagine living in such a place where you don't have the basic freedom to carry a loaded firearm. Y'all are welcome to move out of that foreign country and come to Virginia.

Just remember the wind blows from the west. Trends start here and move east. What we are dealing with could easily come to your state.

Expect anything, assume nothing.

Last edited:

Jonesy

Just remember the wind blows from the west. Trends start here and move east. What we are dealing with could easily come to your state.

Expect anything, assume nothing.

That bs could NOT come easily to Virginia, trust me. We love freedom in Virginia, and our Governor and AG are very pro 2nd amendment. I can (and have) walked into town hall and most other places, even police stations, fully armed. I have never been hassled for open carrying in Virginia. Ha, the efforts of our attorney general just struck down the mandate of the abortion known as Obamacare. The bs I read about the goings on in Kalifornia make me sick thinking how you get so abused by the damn liberals that run that state.

Last edited:

coolusername2007

That bs could NOT come easily to Virginia, trust me. We love freedom in Virginia, and our Governor and AG are very pro 2nd amendment. I can (and have) walked into town hall and most other places, even police stations, fully armed. I have never been hassled for open carrying in Virginia. Ha, the efforts of our attorney general just struck down the mandate of the abortion known as Obamacare. The bs I read about the goings on in Kalifornia make me sick thinking how you get so abused by the damn liberals that run that state.

I think the days of Commiefornia being a trend-setter state are dead, the PRK is now the prime example of what NOT to do.

Now, only if we could get liberty loving individuals from all over the country to temporarily move into Nazi Peloski's district we could vote that witch out of office. We kind of need a free state project of sorts.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I got the sense that the officer wanted to acknowledge that he supported the carrying of guns (in one fashion or another) just at the end of the encounter but recused himself because of the video recording.

He probably doesn't want to be quoted by us and would also like to avoid looking "soft" or sympathetic on video while in uniform (possibly being seen as representing the entire PD).

Smart guy, shame that we couldn't hear what was on his mind. But with the earlier "zero crime" comment I've got an idea what he was going to say.

demnogis

Jonesy, as stated before, anything can happen. Look at the BS that's getting rammed through on a federal level. They never thought it could happen 80 years ago, but look. Check out the slaughterhouse cases. Abolition? Japanese internment?

The Weasels in power have learned that big steps end in a backlash. But baby steps... Work just fine. Hopefully the rest of the nation is realizing that CA is the Greece of the US and can't be followed. We used to be the shining star guiding this country. Now... Well, now we're not. No more gold -- all gone. Now it's just blood, sweat, tears and taxes; my-oh-my, so many taxes...