Thread: By Noon Tommorow, ObamaCare Could Be Dealt a Death-Blow

Banned

By Noon Tommorow, ObamaCare Could Be Dealt a Death-Blow

A Virginia judge is poised to rule on the constitutionality of the individual health-care mandate. Based on his response to the Obama administration motion to dismiss, it is expected that he will rule that forcing citizens to purchase "approved" health-care or pay a stiff fine goes beyond Congress' enumerated power to regulate interstate commerce.

His ruling is expected tomorrow morning.

This is the lynch-pin of the whole mess. If individuals can opt out of Obama's machinations (without penalty), the vast majority of Americans will do so, choosing plans that will have much lower premiums (since they won't cover preexisting conditions). Also, many folks will opt for no insurance, choosing to wait until a condition preexists, and then buy an "approved" plan. Such cannot be economically sustained and will collapse--as it should.

Please keep us updated when you hear of the ruling.
    This could prove very interesting.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

I think I remember something about a judge in Florida saying it is Constitutional. Can't remember where though. I don't really have time to look for it at the moment.

One says yes, another says no. It's going to SCOTUS. They'll almost have to accept a hearing on it.
    Last edited by rodbender; 12-13-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    I think I remember something about a judge in Florida saying it is Constitutional. Can't remember where though. I don't really have time to look for it at the moment.

One says yes, another says no. It's going to SCOTUS. They'll almost have to accept a hearing on it.

It was Michigan
    http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/con...e-mandate.html
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Banned
    There were at least two.

The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Finally, a judge that sees the the people.

Have not seen this anywhere on any major network on tv. Thanks for the heads up.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,