• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

By Noon Tommorow, ObamaCare Could Be Dealt a Death-Blow

eye95

A Virginia judge is poised to rule on the constitutionality of the individual health-care mandate. Based on his response to the Obama administration motion to dismiss, it is expected that he will rule that forcing citizens to purchase "approved" health-care or pay a stiff fine goes beyond Congress' enumerated power to regulate interstate commerce.

His ruling is expected tomorrow morning.

This is the lynch-pin of the whole mess. If individuals can opt out of Obama's machinations (without penalty), the vast majority of Americans will do so, choosing plans that will have much lower premiums (since they won't cover preexisting conditions). Also, many folks will opt for no insurance, choosing to wait until a condition preexists, and then buy an "approved" plan. Such cannot be economically sustained and will collapse--as it should.

rodbender

I think I remember something about a judge in Florida saying it is Constitutional. Can't remember where though. I don't really have time to look for it at the moment.

One says yes, another says no. It's going to SCOTUS. They'll almost have to accept a hearing on it.

Last edited:

END_THE_FED