Thread: Would you go for this?

Would you go for this?

A 1st Gen Glock 21 with 3 hi-cap magazines for $300 from a friend of mine. Lets put aside the whole if you like a glock or not.

Activist Member
    Depends on the condition, but if its in good condition, I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow62988 View Post
    Depends on the condition, but if its in good condition, I'd do it.
    It was owned by a cop and then bought by my friend who keeps all his weapons in great condition. He is a gunsmith too.

I suppose it depends on your budget, Glocks last for ever and you can buy replacement OEM parts cheap. My new Glock cost me around $600 and that was for a Glock 23C. Also bought a new stainless steel guide rod and 2 extra clips. Well anyways sounds like a good deal too be considering the current affairs of our country. A good handgun, about half off.

All you need is a complete slide to turn it into a G20.

I'm jealous.

I personally try to adopt any Glock that avails itself to be bought. That is a really good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyOrangeJuice View Post
    A 1st Gen Glock 21 with 3 hi-cap magazines for $300 from a friend of mine. Lets put aside the whole if you like a glock or not.
    Being a Gen 1, if it's been reworked by Glock then it would be a nice purchase. If it has not and has a round count above 2000 rounds I'd be leary of it until a competent armor looked at it. The lower the round count the better. If it had factory night sights they are probably worthless by now and in need of replacement.

As posted by others, if the condition is right then it's a nice purchase.
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 12-17-2010 at 11:58 AM.

I would stay away from 1st generation Glocks in .40 & .45 as they are the ones that had the most case ruptures due to the degree of unsupported chamber. The 3rd & 4th Generation I'd have no problem carrying if I was restricted to carrying a Glock.

Cool

If I send the $300 down thataway would you be willing to send the pistol to a dealer of my choice?

The G21 in question is likely a 2nd Generation. No such thing as a 1st Gen G21. No rebuild necessary for Gen 2's, no reputation of case ruptures on .45 Glocks (don't feed it lead ammo, only FMJ or JHP as stated in the owners manual), and it is a great deal at $300.

How can we put aside the issue of whether we like Glock or not? I wouldn't take a Glock even if I got it free, so I certainly wouldn't pay $300 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalryman View Post
    How can we put aside the issue of whether we like Glock or not? I wouldn't take a Glock even if I got it free, so I certainly wouldn't pay $300 for it.
    I hope you don't think you can actually get an answer for the quetion you posed. Many people do not like Glocks, others swear by them. Luckily, we all have options to weigh and choices to make with regards to what each of us require and prefer as far as our choice of sidearm. I'd never ridicule someone's choice, so long as it was well thought-out and fit the needs of the person. I find that Glocks fit my needs better than anything else I've come across, and now that I've used them for years, my hands work the best as far as gun-handling when there is a Glock in them.

From what you said about your friend being a gunsmith and keeping his weapons in great condition, it is probably a bargain. I don't care for Glocks (personal prejudice), but I also understand that they are quality firearms.

Yeah, I know I'm a contrary old cuss.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I'd grab it at $300.00.

I do hate Glocks but own one. It's nice to carry when it's raining and I don't want to get my good guns wet

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalryman View Post
    If anyone gives you a Glock, would you accept it and send it my way?

I'd snatch that up in an instant! I'm no huge fan of GLOCK but I acknowledge that they're great pistols, and that's a very good deal.