• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would you go for this?

HolyOrangeJuice

A 1st Gen Glock 21 with 3 hi-cap magazines for $300 from a friend of mine. Lets put aside the whole if you like a glock or not.

strife1013

I suppose it depends on your budget, Glocks last for ever and you can buy replacement OEM parts cheap. My new Glock cost me around $600 and that was for a Glock 23C. Also bought a new stainless steel guide rod and 2 extra clips. Well anyways sounds like a good deal too be considering the current affairs of our country. A good handgun, about half off.

REALteach4u

A 1st Gen Glock 21 with 3 hi-cap magazines for $300 from a friend of mine. Lets put aside the whole if you like a glock or not.

Being a Gen 1, if it's been reworked by Glock then it would be a nice purchase. If it has not and has a round count above 2000 rounds I'd be leary of it until a competent armor looked at it. The lower the round count the better. If it had factory night sights they are probably worthless by now and in need of replacement.

As posted by others, if the condition is right then it's a nice purchase.

Last edited:

SGB

I would stay away from 1st generation Glocks in .40 & .45 as they are the ones that had the most case ruptures due to the degree of unsupported chamber. The 3rd & 4th Generation I'd have no problem carrying if I was restricted to carrying a Glock.

G20-IWB24/7

The G21 in question is likely a 2nd Generation. No such thing as a 1st Gen G21. No rebuild necessary for Gen 2's, no reputation of case ruptures on .45 Glocks (don't feed it lead ammo, only FMJ or JHP as stated in the owners manual), and it is a great deal at $300.

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
How can we put aside the issue of whether we like Glock or not? I wouldn't take a Glock even if I got it free, so I certainly wouldn't pay $300 for it.

G20-IWB24/7

How can we put aside the issue of whether we like Glock or not? I wouldn't take a Glock even if I got it free, so I certainly wouldn't pay $300 for it.

I hope you don't think you can actually get an answer for the quetion you posed. Many people do not like Glocks, others swear by them. Luckily, we all have options to weigh and choices to make with regards to what each of us require and prefer as far as our choice of sidearm. I'd never ridicule someone's choice, so long as it was well thought-out and fit the needs of the person. I find that Glocks fit my needs better than anything else I've come across, and now that I've used them for years, my hands work the best as far as gun-handling when there is a Glock in them.

SFCRetired

From what you said about your friend being a gunsmith and keeping his weapons in great condition, it is probably a bargain. I don't care for Glocks (personal prejudice), but I also understand that they are quality firearms.

Yeah, I know I'm a contrary old cuss.:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'd grab it at $300.00.

I do hate Glocks but own one. It's nice to carry when it's raining and I don't want to get my good guns wet:lol:

Jamie

If anyone gives you a Glock, would you accept it and send it my way? :lol:

Samopal

I'd snatch that up in an instant! I'm no huge fan of GLOCK but I acknowledge that they're great pistols, and that's a very good deal.