Thread: North American "Security Perimeter"

North American "Security Perimeter"

Yes they are at it again.

Of course Hillary is involved.

Link: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/...wakefield.html

Fair use:

Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon will host U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Mexico's Secretary of Foreign Affairs Patricia Espinosa at the picturesque Wakefield Mill Inn in Wakefield, Que., about 35 kilometres north of Ottawa.

Recent reports that a new security and trade perimeter deal could be in the works between the U.S. and Canada have put the spotlight on Monday's meeting.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/...#ixzz17xouiWGL
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

I'm pretty sure they only mean Northern North America. There are three countries on this continent.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    I'm pretty sure they only mean Northern North America. There are three countries on this continent.
    Actually, it is like a 10 country continent if you don't count the islands nations attached to the continental plate
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

McX
    it appears the only security perimeter is.......................................us.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    it appears the only security perimeter is.......................................us.
    I would like to see a serious "security perimeter" on our souther border!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    I would like to see a serious "security perimeter" on our souther border!
    I hear that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    The number is 24.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    The number is 24.
    That's an odd number. How do you arrive at it?

If one includes all the non-island nations in "the Americas", it is: North America, 3; Central America, 7; South America, 19. The island nations and territories add another 30~ish (depending on how you parse their nationhood).

Speaking of the North American tectonic plate, it includes the 3 North American countries, but not Central America, and adds Cuba, Bahamas, Greenland, half of Iceland, and half of Siberia.

No matter, there are still exactly three nations on the North American continent. Islands aren't on the continent, and the subcontinent that lies on a different tectonic plate is part of the landmass, but not the continent.

Banned
    I am so glad the the RKBA is such a settled matter that we can spend our time arguing over how many countries constitute North America. BTW, Wikipedia puts the number at 23. So that would probably be the answer on Jeopardy.

Generally, when folks speak of North America, they may or may not be including Central America or the island nations. So, no one is wrong here, just operating from different perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I am so glad the the RKBA is such a settled matter that we can spend our time arguing over how many countries constitute North America.
    I didn't know a proposed "North American Security Perimeter" --the topic of this thread-- had anything at all to do with gun rights.

Banned
    I didn't know a proposed "North American Security Perimeter" --the topic of this thread-- had anything at all to do with gun rights.
    Hence the OP's choice to place this thread in the Social Lounge.

This is nothing more than political posturing and showmanship. In the last decade, 3,000 U.S. civilians died at the hands of non-local terrorists. That's less than 2% of the 155,000 who were murdered by criminals.

Yet it'll probably cost the taxpayers billions to implement, so ok, it's more than just politics as usual. It's a means of siphoning even more of the taxpayer's dollars into the hands of those who're getting rich off the deal providing these "services."

Come to think of it, I'm beginning to believe the whole Department of Homeland Security and TSA efforts are really thinly disguised "work for welfare" programs, as well as a way of getting the more vocal "we should do something!"ers to shut up.
    Last edited by since9; 12-15-2010 at 05:12 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I'm beginning to believe the whole Department of Homeland Security and TSA efforts are really thinly disguised "work for welfare" programs, as well as a way of getting the more vocal "we should do something!"ers to shut up.
    "Beginning to"? It's been pretty evident since 9/13/2001, especially when GWB and the congressional Democrats federalized the security screeners over the objections of the GOP.